This one hurts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one hurts....

I've always been able to take alot and deal with all shit bombs that life has lobbed at me but today i had to put my dog down,and i aint alright..

9yrs that dog has been with me,9yrs my one constant, the only thing i could i always count on to be there for me,i never felt or was truely alone because she was always there,through the SCI,through my wife leaving through everything,she was always there for me...and now im never gonna see her or hear from her ever again.Holy fuck i want her back,i want her back..
    Last edited by Shaun; 12 Aug 2005, 3:14 PM.

That sucks man. Dogs are definitely Man's Best Friend. But I'm sure you'll get a nice new puppie you can have for another ten years.
    www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

I am so sorry Shaun! Yes, that really does effing suck! Words can't say it. Big Hug---I'm so damn sorry. Life seems so effing unfair sometime!
      "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Comment

shaun

I'm so sorry. Deb

Comment

that's heartbreaking; I hope that before too long you will feel up to finding her worthy successor.
          Last edited by carbar; 13 Aug 2005, 3:28 AM.

Comment

Been there done that. It's hard as can be. No words can make it easy bro, but hang in there.

Comment

Sorry for your Shaun. I know exactly how you feel. In time a new puppy will make things better. Worked for me but it does take time. Good luck
              Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Comment

I am so sorry Shaun... hope you feel better soon........{{{hugs}}}

Mary
                1FineSpineRN

Comment

Aww.. Shaun, that's so sad, I'm sorry, and feel for you. Even though this included URL is a bit " girly" it might just help to ease your sorrow now.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
                  If it's too good to be true...it ALWAYS is!

Comment

... ...

Comment

Bummer! Wish we could say something to make you feel better but I know we can't.
                      www.cawvsports.org
                      The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
                      We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

sucks shaun, geta a puppy asap, it helps take the sting aWAY
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I hear ya shaun

I went through that a few years back, a dog I had for 13 years. I was going to have her put down the next day as she had a stroke and was in some serious pain, she somehow got out the door, jumped in the pond behind the house and drowned as one side of her body was partially paralyzed, it was almost as if she knew that it was over. When the time is right shaun, think about getting another dog.
                          "Life is about how you
                          respond to not only the
                          challenges you're dealt but
                          the challenges you seek...If
                          you have no goals, no
                          mountains to climb, your
                          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun
                            I've always been able to take alot and deal with all shit bombs that life has lobbed at me but today i had to put my dog down,and i aint alright..

9yrs that dog has been with me,9yrs my one constant, the only thing i could i always count on to be there for me,i never felt or was truely alone because she was always there,through the SCI,through my wife leaving through everything,she was always there for me...and now im never gonna see her or hear from her ever again.Holy fuck i want her back,i want her back..
                            I am crying typing this. Wow, I know how you feel. My mom accidently left my dog out and she got killed by a car. I did not know until i came home and i pulled in my drive. It was Feb. and freezing with some snow. I looked and it looked like a baby wrapped in a blanket was left at my door. I freaked and went over and looked and it was my dog, Baby. I cried like a baby, Uncontrollably for days. I still miss her so much. I have two dogs now and they are my kids.

I am so sorry, I am sure she would not want you to suffer. I think you should get another dog soon.
                            “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

Losing a pet is the worst. Time will make it better.
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                              X