Members Helping Members.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members Helping Members.

For those of us that are new to the boards, or even people that are established here but don't know all the ins and outs...

What are your specific areas of expertise that might be of help to other members...?

for example... I'm blonder than normal when it comes to computers, so it would be nice to know if anyont here is really current on software issues...

what do you do in your daily life that's NOT SPECIFICALLY SCI related that might be of some help to other members?

Me?
    My former career was in pyrotechnics, and I doubt that's a help to many, but I'm also a licensed cosmotologist.

hopefully you guys have a broader scale of expertise. lol
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I enjoy the natural sicience, I in fact have a degree in biology, and I want to eventually get my livestock again, once this financally dry period is over. I am kind if lying low right now, hoping that I can finish getting my adauptive stuff, then will be able to do more. I love fishing and hunting, the outdoors, and just "hikes" in the woods. I am into herbs for both cooking and medicinal herbs. My dream is to live off the grid.
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt

Comment

I can herd sheep like a mothafucker.

J.
      And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

I'm curently in school for web design .
        Dave
        C5/C6 complete
        http://www.davegrotzinger.com
        http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Comment

I will be in big demand, I work with developmentally challenged adults. Moderate to severe behavior problems. Line forms to the left. No pushing.
          “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

I have superb knowledge of British confectionery.

Comment

Keps, you and Jaques Chirac would get along great!
              www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz
                I can herd sheep like a mothafucker.

J.

ahhhhhh great one... *bows*

but do you have sheep?
                http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by christopher
                  Keps, you and Jaques Chirac would get along great!
                  Wooosh!
                  That's the sound of something going completely over my head, Christopher.
                  Can anyone elaborate?

Comment

ahhhhhh great one... *bows*

but do you have sheep?

Actually it was just logged
                    hours in a "herd" simulator.

J.
                    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Wooosh!
                      You mentioned British confectionary, which I assume means something relating to British cuisine. And we all know what a fan Chirac is of British cuisine, don't we? Don't we?

OK, I'm in my own little world. Carry on then.
                      www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

My areas of expertise: English (I have my M.A.). Literature. Poetics. Expository writing (if you need someone to proofread your essay, PM me). Teaching. ESL instruction. Buddhism. Macintosh computers. Screwing things up.
                        "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Comment

^my best friend just gave me prayer flags.
                          An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

I'm a social work student, starting grad school the end of August. I do a lot of work with children, I work with people who have experienced domestic violence situations and sexual assault, I teach high school kids the differences between a high school 504 plan and a college 504 plan along with being a self advocate, and I'm currently doing work with welfare recipients on how to get and maintain a job. I'm trying to get hooked up with the independent living center near us to do an internship and I would like to get involved in more preventative health for children.
                            www.cawvsports.org
                            The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
                            We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

I'm a music teacher and Scout. I'm also really good at blowing up electrical things. and i know just enough about computers to completely stuff them up, i get the blue screen of death often...i believe thats quite an accomplishment when your runing XP

Comment

Working...
                              X