20 years post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years post

well tomorrow marks 20 years post. pretty hard to believe how fast life has gone by. getting hard to cope with life sometimes. my wife left me after 13 years for an AB guy. man, i know the bible says the Lord won't give you more than you can handle; this is hard to believe sometimes.

i need to remember the blesings in my life, and where i have come from. because of sci i became a Christian and so have a few of my friends and family. i have a 6 year old son. countless other good things in my life are all around me.

however i am reminded daily of the physical struggles, and every 30th of june i'm reminded of an accident that changed my life and it's direction forever.

couple of beers and good company with family should pass the day nicely.

i don't post here often, but i needed to get some things off my mind with others who know what i'm going through

God bless and thanks for listening

Mike

im coming up on 18 yrs the 27 of july. that summer time smell is what i remember most about that day

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

mine was may 31,now 7 yrs,i'm ok,if have a few
      cold brews ,theres no helicopters where i am,
      that's the only sound that brings it back,this board has helped alot,not just the information,
      not just the milligrams,chair set ups,skin,bladder and pain- its the people.

Rob C6/7

Comment

Hi Mike,
        I hear you. My anniversary is tomorrow, too--5 years for me.

I try not to think about it, just coast through the day, like June 30th doesn't exist.

Sue

www.unite2fightparalysis.org

"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean." C. Reeve
        Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

20 yrs,wow! Thats both awsome and sucks at the same time..

~~Somewhere between happiness and sadness,i need calculate,what creates my own madness~~

Comment

Happy Anniversary Mike. Somehow with several scars and many broken bones to show for it, I've managed 33 [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"You can't fall off the floor!"
            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye:

Happy Anniversary Mike. Somehow with several scars and many broken bones to show for it, I've managed 33 [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
              Love it! Are you at home yet Deadeye?

~~Somewhere between happiness and sadness,i need calculate,what creates my own madness~~

Comment

I think I got it bad..I`m in my 5 yr post(June 16)and I been having a really hard time this yr..I`m in this why did it happen to me mode.I believe that we will walk someday mike..on earth or in heaven.

You take care my friend,Stiggy [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"
                "The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun:

Love it! Are you at home yet Deadeye?

Hell no, I'm still cribbed up at the Residence Inn. It's a pain in the butt but the big roll-in shower sure is nice, along with breakfast every morning! Everyone jere is super nice and hanging out by the pool with the cute Sri Lakan babes is spoilin' me [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The insurance company insists on dragging their feet. I was pissed yesterday when I talked to them and said, "well when you guys decide what the hell you're gonna do, call me, I'll be by the pool at the $140 a night hotel!"

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to go off tangent on your serious thread.

"You can't fall off the floor!"
                  "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

same day blues

Hi. I agree with you. I had my accident time 20 years ago.... Geeez thats a weird coincidence.

Comment

July 29, 1985 here .. entering the 21st year of paralysis ..
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

July 12th will be 24 years for me. I'll acknowledge the day by thinking about how my life was changed in an instant, reflect on the good things in my life and have a drink or two. Some people use the word "Celebrate" to describe what they do on their anniversary day. To me that conjures images of party hats and a joyous occaison.
                        "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

Easter 1984

21 years for me.

Comment

I guess saying 'congratulations' might be inappropriate, eh?

jk, 19 yrs post last month here.

hang in there, dude.

Comment

My 20 year anniversary was a couple month ago, golden one, 2-20-2005. I'm now 23 years old and still alive, but not kicking.
                              C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Working...
                              X