Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Murderball"

Murderball

Check this out...especially all you sports junkies!

If it's too good to be true...it ALWAYS is!
    If it's too good to be true...it ALWAYS is!

Wow, it's weird to see Andy and Scott in a movie. They were the first independent quads I met after the accident. They are really nice guys. They got me started in rugby and I've been in love with it ever since.

Comment

I went to the premiere out here in Vancouver two weeks ago.

It's an awesome flick.

www.warpedtour.com

Comment

Oooooooh,
        I want to see it soo bad!

where is it playing in vancouver?

Comment

HEY, WILL IT COME TO THE STATE CAUSE I WANNA SEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] It looks awesome, Lex

Comment

awsome...cant wait to watch it!

''I may not have gone where I intended to go, but sometimes I think I have ended up where I needed to be...''
            Blah

Comment

what level are some of these guys? any of them have hand function?

looks like a cool movie though...

_________
              don't ever become content with SCI...

Comment

All the dudes were quads, though some definetly had more hand function than others. It's based on a ranking system, I believe, so the more function, the higher the ranking, the rankings are tallied up, and the team's number cannot exceed the maximum. If that makes any sense.

Quad rugby is a hardcore, full-on contact sport. I was allowed to play it while I worked at the rehab centre, and I begged the guys to let me play at their practises, even promising to tape my hands up somehow so it'd be an equal playing field, but they told me to go play basketball.

www.warpedtour.com

Comment

Yah, i'd love to play quad rugby, but para. Then next best violent sport we have is w/c hockey, or bumpercars with sticks as i call it.

Murderball is getting great reviews, only a few idiots think the film is exploitative.
                  I really hope it makes it big.

Comment

Thats why i prefer baseball! Anything to get the homies on tv right fuente?

Comment

I love watching quad rugby, but you really need to know the rules and how the teams are balanced with different ability levels to understand the game. If you are unfamiliar with it, it would probably help you to appreciate the film more by reviewing this information before seeing the film:

About quad rugby

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

when's the dvd coming out and where can i buy one?

www.JohnB.tk
                        www.BelknapMotosports.com
                        John-B

Comment

It is listed on Netflix, but without a release date. Since the movie is now playing in NYC and due for nation-wide release in July, I doubt if you will find it on sale before the fall.

(KLD)
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by mattblan:

Thats why i prefer baseball! Anything to get the homies on tv right fuente?
                            what, you lost me matt

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I just saw the trailer... Its great because I can make all my friends watch so I can stop explaining the rules of how we play...

Jeff Sirko
                              Live Well Medical Supplies
                              www.livewellmedical.com

Comment

Working...
                              X