Surgery complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgery complete.

On Monday, November 29th 2004, my mom had surgery performed for her decupitis. Everything turned out well, and she will be hospitalized until Monday or Tuesday at the latest. She is anxious to return home, and lay on her comfortable air bed. At the moment, the doctor has ordered that she remain in a bed which she finds very uncomfortable. We aren't sure of the name, but it consists of air and sand blowing within a bowl-like shaped container, with a net-like cover which she lays on. It's very noisy, and she had to ask them to remove the pillow that came with the bed, due to it being very oddly shaped.
    She was on anti-biotics through an IV for three days, and is currently on the same anti-biotic once a day now.
    She's hoping to heal quickly, so that she can get up and start wheeling around after Melissa, Isis and I. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

We will all say our prayers and wish for a fast speedy recovery for your mom (Raven). Thanks for keeping us updated.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I have always admired Raven so very much and wish her well. I will keep you all in my prayers.

~~~Honesty is the best policy~~~Treat others as you would like to be treated~~~Play hard, but play fairly~~~
      "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Comment

Give Raven a big hug from the Norwegian woman and say I hope everything is ok.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~~Need more friends with wings,cause all the angels i know put concrete in my veins~~

Comment

Get well SOON!
            www.rustyreeves.com

Comment

Get well soon Raven

Can't stop the spirits when they need you/This life is more than just a read thru.-
              red Hot Chili Peppers
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Thanks for giving us an update on Raven. Wish her well for me.

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang
                "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery Raven.

" I hate war only as a soldier who has lived it can.
                  Only as one who has seen it's brutality, it's futility, it's stupidness." Dwight D. Eisenhower
                  Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Prayers are going out for a speedy and complete recovery! Your mom is a very sweet lady, thanks for the update.
                    Do not live your life in fear of your own government because the moment that you do, is the moment they rule you.

Me

Comment

Hey 666, please tell your mom that we are praying and waiting for her to come back. That sand/air bed sounds pretty cool but sorry it's not more comfortable! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~
                      ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

Give my best to Raven. The Clinitron bed is not the easiest one to lay on, but it is the best one for her skin for the first 5 weeks after a flap. After that an air bed can usually be used if everything goes well.

Tell her to drink a lot of fluids as you can easily get dehydrated on a Clinitron bed. She needs to follow the protocol for post-op care and not try to sit too soon...this could put her flap at risk.

Do what you can to help her pass the time. Visitors are so important. Help her find ways to get on-line if possible. Games, CDs, and movies can also be a big help (headphones will help with the noise of this bed).

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I spent 5 weeks in one of them beds myself. Where I got feeling in my shoulders it hurt like hell from the sand hitting me. I had the nurses to pull a part of the wedge pillow down below my shoulders to block it. I hope to never have to lay in one of them again.

Comment

Raven we so miss your posts .... hopefully soon all this will be behind you (little play on words [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]) Bill was on one of those beds too ... they work like butta' so hang in there ....

Get strong ..
                            Obieone [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
                            ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                            Jane Siberry

Comment

Working...
                            X