Sun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun!

Ok, I have not seen the sun in days but it is supposed to be out this weekend. I get depressed when the sun is not out. As a quadripelgic I am always cold and I love to sit by the window just soaking up the warmth from the sun. I guess since it is getting cold outside it's not helping much. Does anyone else love and miss the sun as much as I do?
    You know, you would think I should hate the sun because it's the sun's fault that I am even in a wheelchair, but go figure.
    Sun, sun, come out!

Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God
    Marie

Marie .. Bill often basks as you do but we haven't had much Sun on the prairies these past two weeks. I work with the public and I can tell you I notice it in everyone's disposition when the Sun hasn't shown its sweet face for a long stretch.... we crave and need the "light" for sure ....

Obieone [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Comment

I'm always in a better mood and have more energy when it is sunny out. The way the forcast looks right now we won't have much sun for atleast a week.

Its a proven fact that people are in better moods when it is sunny.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock
      "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Comment

i bought one of those SADD lamps. it helps a bit. i actually am looking into buying a tanning lamp like one of these:
        SADD Lamps
        the SADD lamps give off no heat but this baby does. it'll seem more sun-like.

[This message was edited by Obieone on 11-04-04 at 07:52 PM.]
        May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

if everyone likes the sun so much, you should move here to AZ, we see the sun 365 days a year [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~~Everyone wants to change the world, but nobody wants to change himself. ~Leo Tolstoy~

Comment

Yeah!!!!!!!! The SUN is out today! Not a cloud in the sky and a predicted beautiful weekend. My happiness just went up a notch. I hope everyone else has a good weekend.

Marie
            Marie

Comment

wishing y'all could visit Houston today. It is sunny and 72 degrees out!

Russ Byrd

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Theophania:

i bought one of those SADD lamps. it helps a bit. i actually am looking into buying a tanning lamp like one of these:

theoph i would be careful with those tanning lamps,
                they can cause some horrific skin burns.
                i may get a SADD lamp myself
                cauda equina

Comment

The sun and warm weather seem like a medical necessity, and I do not do very well in the cold. Perhaps that's why so many senior citizens move to Florida. I do like a good thunder storm, but this is a rarity in Southern California. I am glad that I purchased a home with a southern exposure.

PN
                  The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                  --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                  ––Paul Nussbaum
                  usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Theophania:

SADD LAMPS

the SADD lamps give off no heat but this baby does. it'll seem more sun-like.
                    yup i use a face tanner all winter long, mainly out of vanity, lol. i cant stand a pale face. but i agree it helps u feel better.

[This message was edited by Obieone on 11-09-04 at 09:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by Obieone on 11-09-04 at 09:21 AM.]
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Sun, thats why I am here in Florida because it is out almost all the time. Paul, you are correct. Many retire are here because of ailments and young folk too. There are many people with chairs, crutches, walkers, limps, gimps ect.who come here for the sun.

The warmth really does work for me. I find when I am in a colder climate, it just sucks the life right out of me and the pain is worse. But if ya get out in that light, cold n all, it makes a world of difference. I am in the sun all the time, i worship it, and in another life I was an Aztec princess. lol

And I am with fuentejps, face tanners, bronzers are great cuz ya look healthier.

If I could bottle sunshine I"d send you cases of the stuff!

Leia

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see."

Comment

I went to Crestview,FL. this summer 30 miles from Ft Walton. Was so proud of myself. I drove 9 hours. I live in East Texas.
                        I had the best tan I have had since in the chair. The heat and vitamin D was wonderful.
                        loveeeeeeeee the smell of the ocean.
                        Mary

If you have always been good at talking... turn you talking into good deeds.
                        I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
                        Van Morrison

Comment

My dad lives in Pensacola FL and I used to spend my summers with him but not this summer because of my accident. I love FL not only because of the sun but the beach as well. Ivan tore all my memories of Pensacola beach away but my Dad is OK. One bad thing about it though was when it rains it seems to rain for like a week before it lets up.

Marie
                          Marie

Comment

" I Love the sunshine and warm/hot temps.'' The hotta the the betta [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]. It didn't matter to me much earlier, but after 23 yrs of quadhood I can barely take it. The last 8 yrs have been progressively harder to deal with. Here in NJ the weather from late October until late April goes like this,,,,,, cool, to cold, to freezing, back to cold, then cool again. And the sun/sky is usually overcast, or just gray or sun. We get 6-8 weeks of hot/sunny weather from May through August, ''definitely not enouh for me.'' ------------ OK Enufff,,,, currently I'm here in Jersey, but I'm just trying to figure out how to get to a warm/sunny clime; 'I will.''

Princess == agree, the cold weather makes all your aches/pains/muscle tightness worse, ''no doubt.''

Paul Nuss == Paul, I agree 110% with; 1-sun and warm weather seems[ ''IS'' ] a medical necessity, 2-- I do not do very well in cold weather[ ''I abhor the cold winter.'' ]

Bridget == you are so lucky to be living in AZ; you're southwest weather is Great IMO. As a lifelong ''jersy guy''[one who up until a yr ago never left the tri-state.], I always wanted to go to the southwest. Last yr I took my first real trip ever to Las Vegas in August[yes it was Very Hot] but it didn't bother me, 'n I loved it. I could take that weather just fine.

Russ == danggg,,, you got it good down there in Houston. My friend left Jersey 20 yrs ago and regularly reminds me of how warm 'n sunny it is, especially through our late fall/winter/early spring.

As I post this; 12;30am, it's 25, today's high was 38[for an hour].

Comment

Working...
                            X