Raising awareness locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising awareness locally

I am going to try to have an awareness float in the parade and an information booth at my towns big festival next Sept. It's called the Popcorn Festival. It is listed as one of the top 100 events in North America, so I thought it would be a good place to show how many SCIs there were in northwest Indiana. I think I have most of it figured out. How to get sponsors, how to get equipment, how to find other SCIs. The thing that I wanted to get absolutly correct is the info at the booth. How do I find the most up to date sci stats, research stats, local demographic stats, economical stats, health related stats, ect. and pamphlets or brochures for these? Will I have to make my own, or can I buy them somewhere, or maybe get them donated from somewhere? I am pretty sure that I am setting myself up for alot of work, but it will be worth it if this thing goes like I imagine it in my head. I plan on having bumper stickers, posters, maybe t-shirts, and those bracelets if they are out by then. I am working on the outline now, so any other information or input would be most helpful at this point. You have all been very helpful with any other questions that I have had, so I figured why not ask. Thanks

jOE
    jOE
    www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Originally posted by jplw:

I am going to try to have an awareness float in the parade and an information booth at my towns big festival next Sept. It's called the http://www.buses.org/top100events/bustop100.cfm?id=573. It is listed as one of the top 100 events in North America, so I thought it would be a good place to show how many SCIs there were in northwest Indiana. I think I have most of it figured out. How to get sponsors, how to get equipment, how to find other SCIs. The thing that I wanted to get absolutly correct is the info at the booth. How do I find the most up to date sci stats, research stats, local demographic stats, economical stats, health related stats, ect. and pamphlets or brochures for these? Will I have to make my own, or can I buy them somewhere, or maybe get them donated from somewhere? I am pretty sure that I am setting myself up for alot of work, but it will be worth it if this thing goes like I imagine it in my head. I plan on having bumper stickers, posters, maybe t-shirts, and those bracelets if they are out by then. I am working on the outline now, so any other information or input would be most helpful at this point. You have all been very helpful with any other questions that I have had, so I figured why not ask. Thanks

jOE
    Check out www.CureParalysisNow.org for some of the supplies you need. Great project [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]!

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."- Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

Cureparalysisnow is great for the political stuff. Paralyzed Veterans of America for health related info, maybe? Good idea Joe.

Can't stop the spirits when they need you/This life is more than just a read thru.-
      red Hot Chili Peppers
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by jplw:

...and those bracelets if they are out by then.
        Great idea Joe! Faye's site has great information for you; and yes, the bracelets will be available well before next September. I should be receiving a few samples soon, but it looks like the production company may have to redo their template, which may push the delivery date back a little. I got a few pics via email & the bracelets don't fully match what I sent them. Ugh.

Comment

There has to be more people with input or suggestions out there. Or, are they all busy attacking each other in the political forum?
          jOE
          www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X