Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter and I changing the oil in the old jeep today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter and I changing the oil in the old jeep today..

Pic 1

Ali and I

Comment

Me going to sleep... [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Mike I was wondering if there was anyone else out there (sci) changing there own oil and what not. Been doing it myself from the beginning

Comment

Wilddog, only on my jeep do I change the oil. My car and wifes car I take to the dearlership and let them &^%$ me [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I mean change the oil..

Comment

Mike,
            The pic of you and Ali is priceless. Can't help but bring a smile to anyone who sees it.

T 6/7 Complete
            Injured 4/20/74
            William M.
            T 6/7 Complete - 4/20/74

Comment

Wow, that looks cool! I really need to bone up on floor to chair transfers, although finding the right place to get your oil changed for cheap helps a lot with the missing changing your own oil factor. The Chevy dealer I bought my car at has a cool deal of $14.99 including tax for an oil change, so I dont miss it too much.

Comment

Mike, I change the oil on my truck. Don't think I could get my big gut under a car. Ha

Comment

Mike,I would love to change my oil but I would have a problem getting back in my wc.I been in this thing a long time and I still dont know how to transfer.Anyone know of a video on transfers.

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"
                  "The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Comment

Stiggy, floor to chair transfers are hard. Being a t-12 partial I have a little leg muscle helping me. I've seen full para's face the chair, get up on their knees, lift up and kind of twist in mid air and land in the seat. Others do it with their back to the chair and use brute strength and lift themselves in. (this is how I do it.) When I'm working under the truck I place myself between the chair and the truck, then grab a mirror or whatever and the chair with the brakes on and lift myself up. This one works the best for me. As far as a video on transfers I did see one on the net. Just cant remember where.

Comment

I'm with wilddog, I just place my back to the chair and the door jam, desk, chair, bed, and what not. And just lift myself up that way.. I think, oh maybe once a week im on the floor for one reason or another..

Comment

mike, you should trim thoes U bolts up. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you~

Comment

Working...
                        X