This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Edwards

Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'... Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promise during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa...

If we don't, can he be sued? Class action lawsuit!!!
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Lol. Is John going to turn water to wine as well? [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Edwards has good intentions. He's represented a large # of disadvantaged and disabled individuals. And won!

Down But Never Out
      Down But Never Out

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C:

Lol. Is John going to turn water to wine as well? [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

No. LOL That sneaky trial lawyer is slick. He will say..'When john kerry is president....CR will rise up from the dead and turn water to wine.'

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
        Arlington Cemetery is full of soldiers—the presidents buried there are few and far between. -Rusty VanReeves

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderQuad:

Edwards has good intentions. He's represented a large # of disadvantaged and disabled individuals. And won!

Down But Never Out
          dissadvantaged and disabled were edwards meal ticket. wonder how many edwards represented will vote for him?

Comment

Good intentions! Now that is funny! In 41 years I have never met a lawyer with good intentions.And I have met a few. The fact that he is using a man's death to advance his political goals is pathetic. What is really sad is that some people think he is sincere....
            "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

CLC...I know personally several individuals who were represented by John Edwards and each of them have every intention of voting for the Kerry/Edwards ticket.

Saying that Edwards is politicizing Christopher Reeve's death is like saying that George Bush is politicizing the death of any soldier who dies in the "war on terror" when he mentions them publicly and posthumously.

People care about a cause not when it is written on a sheet of paper in black and white, but when it is represented by a human face and life. Chris Reeve was the face of our community and you, as well as any member of the SCI family, should be thankful that any politician is pushing for SCI research, no matter what their motivations may be.

Life is politics, and politics is life.

"If you want to live like a Republican, vote for the Democrats." ~Harry Truman

[This message was edited by JDR on 10-13-04 at 02:03 AM.]
              "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

Comment

not as many as the big ceo's of oil and weapon industries will vote for the draft dodger. At least Edwards earned his money not sleeping with the SAUDI'S.

Down But Never Out
                Down But Never Out

Comment

Both tickets leave some to be desired but I would rather put my fate w/ the Kerry /Edwards ticket than GW & Dick.

Compassionate conservatism has done about as much as, "a thousand points of light." IMO

Comment

Christopher Reeve politicized himself. He choose to do so. He didn't have to. He could have kept quite all these years after his injury, and not been in the public eye politicizing the need for a cure. He could have just lived on quietly and not fought. It would have been the easy thing to do no doubt.

Comment

Thats just low, nobody can make a "promise" like that.

I wish they could

"Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option"
                      "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Comment

Even though I'm a diehard Democrat, Edwards was wayyyy outta line saying that. WHEN Kerry is President, a C1/2 vent-dependent quad is going to get up and walk? Give me a break. It's like mandating a miracle on your watch.

Zillazangel, who will vote for Kerry/Edwards anyway, but who cringed at that statement
                        Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Found this today re Edwards' comment:

The doctored quotation first appeared on The Drudge Report on October 12 at 4:03 p.m. (ET). Drudge reported:

"Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'..."

Here's what Edwards actually said at an October 10 campaign event in Iowa:

EDWARDS: Christopher Reeve just passed away. And America just lost a great champion for this cause. Somebody who is a powerful voice for the need to do stem cell research and change the lives of people like him, who have gone through the tragedy. Well, if we can do the work that we can do in this country -- the work we will do when John Kerry is president -- people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.

Drudge edited out Edwards's words about "the work we can do in this country" on stem cell research, which suggested that Edwards was premising "people like Christopher Reeve" "walk[ing] again" on the outcome of research that a Kerry administration would support.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
                          Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Alan~
                            Thank you for providing the complete quote in the correct context.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

ya and if u believe everything kerry and edwards tell ya, we'll be walking next week and it'll be on a road of gold, did u know that bush is the first president to open up stem cell lines for research? ever!

Koran Verse 9 : 11

-- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome
                              Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of
                              Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more
                              rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
                              there was peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X