Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Families Speak Out ......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Military Families Speak Out ......

    I guess many of them do not want their sons and daughters come home paralyzed or dead, to rid Iraq of non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction. I support them wholeheartedly as a parent who has seen and continues to see the devastation of paralysis up close:

    Military Families Speak Out is an organization of people who are opposed to war in Iraq and who have relatives or loved ones in the military. We were formed in November of 2002 and have contacts with military families throughout the United States, and in other countries around the world.

    As people with family members and loved ones in the military, we have both a special need and a unique role to play in speaking out against war in Iraq. It is our loved ones who are, or have been, or will be on the battlefront. It is our loved ones who are risking injury and death. It is our loved ones who are returning scarred from their experiences. It is our loved ones who will have to live with the injuries and deaths among innocent Iraqi civilians.


    If you have family members or loved ones in the military and you are opposed to this war, join us.
    Send us an e-mail at
    mfso@mfso.org

    "We have a chance to take a giant stride forward for the good of all humanity" in the next election. "We can choose between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance, between true compassion and mere ideology."- Ron Reagan Jr.

    #2
    Laura Bush heckled during campaign speech
    'President Bush You Killed My Son' on mother's T-shirt
    Friday, September 17, 2004 Posted: 3:57 PM EDT (1957 GMT)


    HAMILTON, New Jersey (CNN) -- The mother of a soldier killed in Iraq was arrested Thursday in Hamilton, New Jersey, after interrupting a campaign speech by first lady Laura Bush. As police hauled her away, she shouted "police brutality."

    Wearing a T-shirt with the message "President Bush You Killed My Son," Sue Niederer of nearby Hopewell screamed questions at the first lady as the audience tried to drown her out by chanting "four more years, four more years."

    She kept shouting at Bush, and eventually police removed her from the firehouse rally.

    The first lady finished her speech in praise of the administration's actions in the war on terror and on the economy.

    Outside, Niederer said she wanted to ask Laura Bush "Why the senators, the legislators, the congressmen, why aren't their children serving?"

    She went on to blame the president for the death of her 24-year-old son, Army 1st Lt. Seth Dvorin. He was killed February 3 while trying to defuse a roadside bomb that exploded.

    As Hamilton police and Secret Service agents surrounded her and reporters pressed her with questions, she held her ground, saying she had a ticket to attend the speech.

    Source

    "We have a chance to take a giant stride forward for the good of all humanity" in the next election. "We can choose between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance, between true compassion and mere ideology."- Ron Reagan Jr.

    Comment


      #3
      Uh...it IS a VOLUNTEER army.

      Sounds like these people are all fine with the training, sign-up bonuses, px privledges, VA benefits, school tuition being paid, VA $1 down payment home loans, and all the other GI Bill perks...but when it comes time for them to do what they were trained for and go into harms way...now they don't want to repay their country?

      It's not like they didn't KNOW they were training for a war...

      The "me first, entitlement mentality" at its best.

      Kap

      "It's not easy being green"
      accept no substitutes

      Comment


        #4
        If my family would have been protesting because I was in the US Army during wartime, I would have been mortified. Cap has hit it right on the nose. Don´t volunteer if your not going to do the job and accept the risk. You don´t have to be killed or injured during wartime when doing your duty. Thousands of soldiers, airmen and sailors are killed and injured every year because of training operations, plane and helicopter crashes, and operational accidents. You never here said families protest about their son or daughter was needlessly killed in a peacetime army, yet the jobs being preformed are often just as dangerous as during wartime conditions.

        "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
        "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mike C:

          You never here said families protest about their son or daughter was needlessly killed in a peacetime army, yet the jobs being preformed are often just as dangerous as during wartime conditions.
          I'd much rather 'train' without insurgents around aiming for me, thank you very much!!

          I am sure in your avarage year or more of at home training you do not incur around 1000 deaths.

          "We have a chance to take a giant stride forward for the good of all humanity" in the next election. "We can choose between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance, between true compassion and mere ideology."- Ron Reagan Jr.

          Comment


            #6
            The main point is VOLUNTEER ARMY.

            "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
            "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Faye:


              I'd much rather 'train' without insurgents around aiming for me, thank you very much!!

              I am sure in your avarage year or more of at home training you do not incur around 1000 deaths.
              This mentality EXACTLY demonstrates my point. People signing up for a free ride then crying because they have to DO what they AGREED to do when they joined.

              Faye, your comment sickens me and betrays the trust of every armed services member in uniform.

              Kap

              "It's not easy being green"
              accept no substitutes

              Comment


                #8
                I think Faye is questioning the validity of the war in Iraq and whether the deaths and injuries are justified in any way.


                Kapricorn, although I am certainly no expert on the US military, I cant imagine that the average marine is being swamped with entitlements. From what i have heard and read they get paid just above the poverty line. Not exactly a lure to be bolting off overseas to risk your life huh??

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by AnnaBanana:

                  I think Faye is questioning the validity of the war in Iraq and whether the deaths and injuries are justified in any way.


                  Kapricorn, although I am certainly no expert on the US military, I cant imagine that the average marine is being swamped with entitlements. From what i have heard and read they get paid just above the poverty line. Not exactly a lure to be bolting off overseas to risk your life huh??
                  You are right Annabanana, many military families are on the food stamp program. When I found out about this a few years ago, I was dumbfounded.

                  "We have a chance to take a giant stride forward for the good of all humanity" in the next election. "We can choose between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance, between true compassion and mere ideology."- Ron Reagan Jr.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    What is mfso going to do? Start pitching people at military recruting offices just like at abortion clinics and try to get future soldiers, sailors and airmen not to volunteer and serve their country? Are they yelling about the US military civilian workers in Iraq? No? And why not? Because they VOLUNTEERED to work there perhaps?

                    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
                    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Mike C:

                      What is mfso going to do? Start pitching people at military recruting offices just like at abortion clinics and try to get future soldiers, sailors and airmen not to volunteer and serve their country? Are they yelling about the US military civilian workers in Iraq? No? And why not? Because they VOLUNTEERED to work there perhaps?
                      Have you seen combat yourself?

                      "We have a chance to take a giant stride forward for the good of all humanity" in the next election. "We can choose between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance, between true compassion and mere ideology."- Ron Reagan Jr.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I dont think MFSO is doing anything but supporting our troops by opposing the war in Iraq. Anyone with half a brain would. And as far as it being volunteer true it is volunteer now but if whoever wins the election keeps putting our troops overseas that will change.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Serving

                          At this time, the decision to serve in the U.S. armed forces is personal as most recruits are single and of age to join up. The decision to stay and make a career of the service is often made as a family--service member and spouse. Kap is correct. The benefits of being in the military are many. I was in the Navy nearly nine years and currently avail myself of the VA hospital and its excellent care of SCI patients. As with any profession in which one is required to tote a gun or go into harm's way, there is danger. That is a given when a recruit signs the service contract and takes an oath to defend his or her country. Some people just don't understand loyalty to one's nation, thus patriotism is woefully lost on them. Too bad, as they reap the benefits of a free and open society in the greatest nation on earth. I get steamed when someone, without full knowledge or experience begins to bad mouth our armed forces and those who lead them. You cannot say, "I support our troops, but oppose the war." Think about it. It's not possbile to separate the two.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            You are right Annabanana, many military families are on the food stamp program. When I found out about this a few years ago, I was dumbfounded.
                            Yea, looking back on Kerry's voting record it'll only get worse if elected



                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by wazabiker:

                              At this time, the decision to serve in the U.S. armed forces is personal as most recruits are single and of age to join up. The decision to stay and make a career of the service is often made as a family--service member and spouse. Kap is correct. The benefits of being in the military are many. I was in the Navy nearly nine years and currently avail myself of the VA hospital and its excellent care of SCI patients. As with any profession in which one is required to tote a gun or go into harm's way, there is danger. That is a given when a recruit signs the service contract and takes an oath to defend his or her country. Some people just don't understand loyalty to one's nation, thus patriotism is woefully lost on them. Too bad, as they reap the benefits of a free and open society in the greatest nation on earth. I get steamed when someone, without full knowledge or experience begins to bad mouth our armed forces and those who lead them. You cannot say, "I support our troops, but oppose the war." Think about it. It's not possbile to separate the two.
                              Thumbs Up!!!



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X