Desperate situation, please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate situation, please help...

Somebody please help me! I'm a complete T-7/T-9 para and I have been dealing with severe chronic stomach & back pain for quite some time (app. 16 months). Things have gotten much worse recently and I have developed some new outrageous pain. About six weeks ago I developed an awful new lower abdominal pain after a partial round of oral antibiotics. On Saturday I was given a single dose of Vancomycin via IV for an MRSA infection that was found in my bladder. This lower abdominal pain has now exploded & seems to get worse every day. In addition to this tonight I've developed a sickening pain in my left leg and buttocks. This has gotten completely out of control and I don't have a clue of what to do... I have had no luck with pain killers and am unable to manage what is happening to me. I don't understand the bazarre & terrible effects that result from my use of antibiotics. If anyone has any ideas or could shed any light on my situation I would greatly appreciate it. I don't mean to bombard you all with this stuff however I now find myself lost, completely distraught, & in excruciting, worsening pain all the time!

where is the compression the doc saw on the mri ? what level...
    cauda equina

Comment

metronycguy,
      Thankyou for being so responsive to these problems I'm having. Between T-7 & T-9, basically at my point of injury. However I just today saw my Neurosurgeon that I've used since I was shot & he felt there was no real difference in that area. He also feels thr way I feel & that is why was I doing perfectlty fine for the first 18 months & then suddenly the change. The films don't seem to reflect much of a change. It is also a fairly lengthy procedure with weeks spent in the hospital & no real gaurantee that it would do anything to relieve the situation.

Comment

I can relate to you Rsheckells, I have pretty much lived with that kind of pain for the last 19 years (I am 23 years post injury t-4 complete) it is a rather helpless feeling and I have not found very much that seems to help make it go away. It sure sounds like what you are experiencing is Neuropathic pain related to your SCI. I would suggest you use the find feature and do some research on our "pain forum". Good luck.
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
        X