Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

november
    midol? if i want to hallucinate, i prefer percocet or morphine, lol

Some might tell you there's no hope in hell just because they feel hopeless, but you don't have to be anything like that...~Dave Mathews~

Comment

Bridget,

I have read all your posts, and also his. Josh did not ask his "mommy" to defend him. He didn't know I posted it. I am just tired of you painting an ugly picture of him. I advised him last time to let things go with you, because I think you are lashing out at more than annoyance at what you call his egotistical attitude??? There are several guys with big egos on this website! Most normal 25 year old guys have big egos. I know Josh better than anyone else at this point in his life. I also know his faults. He is sometimes quick to temper, and is very stubborn. But, he is no more egotistical than any other young man of his age. In fact, he is usually the first one to make fun of himself ie., the lol's after his posts about HIMSELF. But do not mistake his positive personality for for something it is not. He has ALWAYS, all of his life, been a positive, looking at the bright side kind of a kid. That does not mean that he is always FEELING positive. It means he is a person who tries to be positve and has that natural ability in his personality. He can still get down, and he still has feelings.

"I have thought about how much pain and suffering i have caused to my family and friends, and how much easier it might be if i didnt live and become SCI. oh yeah, that would be easier on me now wouldnt it? but i would then be soooooo selfish that i care more about myself than my loved ones. knowing that i have been acting so selfish made me turn my life, and thoughts around. My daughter is the most important thing in my life, and she is way more better off with me as a SCI than with me 6 feet under. I cherish every day since my accident that i get to spend with her and i hope that all of you can look past all the selfishness thats inside of you and think about how much you being alive means to you loved ones." By Josh

Bridget, I believe this is the first post by Josh that you totally misunderstood. You seemed to have believed it was meant for you, and it was not. I have no idea how you even turned that post into thinking it was meant for you. Josh had contemplated suicide in the beginning when he was so totally helpless and new to SCI. As he became stronger and adjusted a little, he began to see how it would affect everyone else. He was sharing those feelings and assuming EVERYONE has had or may sometime have those same feelings. This was no more directed to you than to the Pope. He probably should have explained that rather than to ask you not to post negative replies on that thread. But, being a new SCI, new to this website, and relying on that glimmer of positiveness that had kicked in, he was he was trying not to get depressed. I have read much ruder things on this website. And being post SCI longer than him, I would think you would understand the turmoil of a new SCI. The only thing Josh has against you is the way you try to cut him down.

Since Josh wrote how much effexor he was on, you should know that that is the effective dose. Effective dose is 150mg to 225mg per day and the maximum dose is 375mg per day. His dosage has been adjusted a few times and he has never had over 225mg. Why you even care how much he takes is a mystery. I am sure he is not the only SCI to take antidepressants.

Billie

Josh, I apologize if I have embarrassed you with my posts, but after all the crap we went through in the hospitals and at rehab, I swore I'd never let anyone hurt you or humiliate you again if I could help it. I am proud of you for all that you have accomplished this past 11 months......xoxomom

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO!! You people are makin me sad [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] and when Shaun gets sad,Shauns mom gets maaaaaaadddd [img]/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and when Shauns mom gets mad [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

<shiver> [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..

Comment

Shaun,
          lol, thank you for lightening up this thread. It's a dirty job, but somebody had to do it, and you're just the man. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Josh's mom:

I am sure he is not the only SCI to take antidepressants.
            No he isn't... Much as I hate having to be chemically dependent to keep myself even keel, it's far better than the way I treat myself and others when I'm not on it. It doesn't mean I'm deluding myself about what happened to me though. Everyone needs some help dealing with things once in a while, and I'm in counseling too.

The only words I take offense to are AB people calling me a cripple, or anyone saying we're "wheelchair bound" or "confined to a wheelchair," which to me says we're tied/glued/whatever to them and never sit/lie/etc. anywhere else.

"Legs are overrated. You can still get laid." - Kevin Girardi, "Joan of Arcadia"
            "Legs are overrated. You can still get laid." - Kevin Girardi, "Joan of Arcadia"

Comment

billie
              there is nothing wrong with taking antidepressents, but i just find his dose rather high by what he posts--i've never been on a 3 digit number. well, tell josh i am sincerely sorry if i really hurt his feelings. he said he never gets offended and i thought he actually meant it. i didn't realize anything i said bothered him, if it did he could have just said so. i actually care what people post to a certain point, mainly the older scis, and have been where he is at. i thought a while ago, sci made me better too until i posted a poll on here that made me really analyze and rethink what i was saying. the quote you posted by josh in no way offended me...his post telling me not to post on his thread did. i admit, i can be a little fireball every now and then when i'm annoyed or offended, been even called one on more than one occasion. heck, josh didnt even say anything about himself having hemmorhoids which led me to assume that he was in denile when he posted here. anyways, i'm tired of this whole argument and it is just plain silly. from now on, i will just refrain from anything he posts. i understand youre his mother and my mother would defend me too no matter what.

ok now, can we get back to the subject at hand? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Some might tell you there's no hope in hell just because they feel hopeless, but you don't have to be anything like that...~Dave Mathews~

Comment

After 35 years, Debbie has run through a long gamut of "politically correct" terminology for people with SCIs. At this point, she cares more about the manner in which a word is used rather than the word itself. If she is being referred to in a way that suggests she is more of an object than a thinking person, she is offended. If she is being treated like a sideshow attraction , she is offended. If the person seems genuine but perhaps just a bit ignorant, she shows mercy. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

As gay women - or lesbians - or homosexuals - or whatever - we have both been through the politically correct name game for years. Again, it's how "they" say it more than what they say that drives our reactions most on that score.

Frankly, neither of us are too sure what the "correct" word du jour is for either situation. I think lesbian is the current approved word for the gay and lesbian community, and perhaps "differently abled" for people with physical challenges? We're just not political beasts and aren't out to change the perceptions of the world - just , hopefully, our little corner of it in our own way - which seems to be how everyone else here is doing it I guess. [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Amongst ourselves anything goes - between ourselves Debbie is "vertically challenged". As she likes to remind me, this does NOT equate to being "horizontally challenged". [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
                Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

kendell
                  that's an excellent point about how people use the term, i'm not always trying to be PC, but i guess in an online environment, it's hard to determine the 'way' a person is saying it. all we're reading are words on a screen that can definately be misconstrued. in person can be a totally different situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X