Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denouement

Originally posted by ikeraider8
    I would much rather be a para and have to pay then being a quad and getting it for free!! Is the cup half empty or half full??
    Well, if it's more than fifteen feet away and filled with water, I'll need to put my glasses on to see. Sure it's better to be a para than a quad but it would be nice to have a free source for the LASIK procedure.

I'm not sitting on some streetcorner with a tin cup in my hand but living is expensive and I can't afford LASIK w/o a freebie or a lot of help. If it were free I'd get it done, but that's not gonna happen in spite of what anyone may have believed or posted to this thread.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I am pretty sure if it was free and you had it done, you would find something else to BITCH about!!

Comment

I am pretty sure if it was free and you had it done, you would find something else to BITCH about!!
        This is coming from where? Put up or shut up.
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

You know, this whole thing started because you ran your mouth before checking out the information. Granted, I did say "SCI", but, I also said, "I think" and "It's worth checking out." But then someone else proved you wrong, at least partially, and instead of accepting it, you got PISSY. I was just trying help someone by passing on some information that I had heard. You on the other hand, were belittling someone for no other reason than you are that kind of person!!

Comment

You know, this whole thing started because you ran your mouth before checking out the information. Granted, I did say "SCI", but, I also said, "I think" and "It's worth checking out." But then someone else proved you wrong, at least partially, and instead of accepting it, you got PISSY. I was just trying help someone by passing on some information that I had heard. You on the other hand, were belittling someone for no other reason than you are that kind of person!!
            You are pissed because, unlike your auto adm. job, on these boards you can be second guessed. Don't like it, don't post here or at least don't post fallacious "facts".

My response was a way of trying to see if just possibly, in spite of all my life experience and common sense telling me otherewise, there might have been truth, full truth mind you, in the idea you tentatively posted. You were wrong and I made no big deal of it but you lack the grace to accept this fact so you're dragging out your error and trying to put the onus on me because that's your nature. It won't wash here.

Steve
            Last edited by Juke_spin; 29 Nov 2006, 2:14 PM.
            J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Grace is not in your nature it seems. You can sit there and try to fool everyone into thinking you are so intelligent with your over the top language but when all is said and done you are still a self centered, small person.

Comment

Grace is not in your nature it seems. You can sit there and try to fool everyone into thinking you are so intelligent with your over the top language but when all is said and done you are still a self centered, small person.
                It's unfortunate for you that vocabulary isn't your forte, but that's your problem and doesn't reflect on me. I am percieved variously on these boards and that will continue to be the case and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are known by our detractors as well as our friends and finding you in the former group is just ho-hum discovery. You can take your swollen headed wanna be boss and seem to know everyting attitude and shove it (plain enough English for you?).

Now go look hard and find someone you can verbally abuse and accept that I don't care what you think of me.

Steve
                J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

As for my job, looking at your profile I see you do not have one listed, not surprising. For you to make a comment about someone's job when you yourself apparently have none shows just how ignorant you are. Furthermore, you have no idea what my job description entails but because of the know-it-all mentality you have, you decided to take it upon yourself to assume what I do. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go back to work, so you can stay home!!

Comment

. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go back to work, so you can stay home!!
                    LOL,

Thanks, my company pleases me as, apparently, your does not. "Wherever you go, there you are."
                    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I enjoy my job very much and am very proud of myself for going back to work 10 mos. post injury. You have no right criticize someone for working. In turn, without knowing your situation, I was wrong in making any comment about you not working. For that I do apologize. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong, and normally would not care what someone like you thinks. but, you seem like you always need to be right and better than everyone else and you rub me the wrong way.

Comment

...you seem like you always need to be right and better than everyone else and you rub me the wrong way.
                        OK, so I rub you the wrong way. We could just agree that we've disagreed in this thread and let it go at that. Your right in that I don't know anything about what you do in your postition or what it means to you. I am glad,however, that you're working and that you seem to find it rewarding.

Steve
                        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

So..about that LASIK..I'm scheduled to have it done on the 21st of this month. I'm looking for some feedback from those that have had it or know someone. I'm also a little curious what to expect afterwards...(first cpl of days/weeks).

Gracias in advance!
                          Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

I had it done in 2005 and haven't had any problems. It was a great decision.

And now I can tell people I "look good" and they know I'm not talking about my appearance.

Comment

How was the healing process??

I'm really looking forward to it!! I've needed glasses since I was 3 years old.
                              Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

Couldn't see very well (things were blurry) the day I had it done, but had 20/15 vision the next morning when I woke up. Eye drops for a few days, but not much healing involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X