It Works!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Works!!

The mitrofanoff I had 3 weeks ago works! I just did my first independent cath from my chair! YAY!! It will all be worth it if I can just get my bowels back to normal.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Emi,
    Congrats! That's awesome!
    Cathy

Comment

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I know it must feel great!

Things will all line up and you'll finally get to let out that sigh.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
      Franklin D. Roosevelt
      "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
      - Alan Kay

Comment

congrats emi

'defeat is a fate worse than death.'
        Death and taxes

Comment

Good for you Emi, I know how liberated I felt after getting my Augmentation 5 yrs ago. The bowels will get better in time.

Comment

Yay for Emi!!!

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
            Blog:
            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Woohoo- that's awesome! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Mazel tov!!

Try and get the self contained cath in bag types. This way u can pee anywhere.
                Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

What are the best brands of the all-in-one caths? And how often do you all cath? I have bladder sensation but I've been getting the urge like every 2 hours but only cathing 100ml.

~ Anon
                  Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

after surgery I was going every 2-3 hours

Now (surgery '96). I go about 4-5 times a day/night. 300-400 cc's average, sometimes more, sometimes less
                    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Comment

I never thought I'd be congratulating a friend on being able to pee but, hey....this is awesome Emi!! WTG Girl!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
                      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Emi, if you want to try the self contained kits, there are 4 main manufacturers. They are very similar, but have some subtle differences.

MMG/O'Neil (Rusch)
                        Bard Touchless
                        Hollister InCare
                        Mentor Self-Cath

You should be able to get samples. Just keep in mind that these take more hand dexterity than doing caths with a straight catheter attached to an extension tubing or leg bag.

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree w/ the nurse.

The caths are just as rigid in the self-contained bags. During summer months they get a bit more "mushy". I pop mine in the freezer for a minute to stiffen it up. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

C6 complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree w/ the nurse.

The caths are just as rigid in the self-contained bags. During summer months they get a bit more "mushy". I pop mine in the freezer for a minute to stiffen it up. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

C6 complete.
                            seems easier, esp. when out in public, than bring along and dealing with a bottle, lube and cath.

~ Anon

Comment

Working...
                            X