No announcement yet.

companion dogs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are also considering a companion dog for my son who is a C5/6/7. He has specifically requested to have my dog I adopted in October which is a Jack Russell. Upon investigating the breed more I have learned most will run off so I have concluded this breed would not be appropriate. We were lucky because he stays close to me no matter what. Anyway I adopted him through a rescue center I found through this website http://www.petfinder.com/. Through the site you can find dogs in your area and gain a little bit of information about them. I have found some shelters will respond promptly to emails requesting additional information and then others must be bugged via telephone. The shelter that we obtained our dog from was awesome and even brought him to us although they were a couple of hours away. In doing this they were able to view our home to determine if it was appropriate and to observe the dog's reaction to the family. I am now interacting with them once again to find my son a dog. They know his needs and are observing their dogs to see which might be appropriate. Hope this helps you find your companion. Karen
    Originally posted by Chaz19:

I am looking for a dog that is easy to maintain, compassionate and medium to small size. Friendship and stress reduction by my primary reasons for wanting a dog however I would like a breed that is intelligent enough to find someone and alert them if I need help. I would love to know people's experiences with different breeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19:

intelligent enough to find someone and alert them if I need help.
      I don't think my dog will ever be Lassie running home to seek help because Timmy fell in the well. However, he'll quickly search out my husband if I say "Tell him you want a chewie!" lol

Comment

Working...
      X