Please do not make fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not make fun

I ask you simply not to make fun of God.

If this is going to happen I will and probably alot of other's will leave this forum

duge [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I feel like that is a very reasonable request. While I'm all for freedom of speech, I think we all should use some compassion when we speak. Whether or not someone's spiritual choices, or lack of them, are the same as mine, I feel that a person has made those choices because they are important to the person. What is important to a person is something that is close to their heart. And the heart of my fellow beings is very important to me. I don't know what has been said to prompt you to make this request, but whatever it was, I am sorry it was said. I just wanted you to know, that I for one, support you in this. What non-spiritual people may not understand is that when they make fun of another's spirituality, they are making fun of someone/something that person loves. Much like making fun of someone's wife, child, mother, etc. It hurts that person. Is the hurt this causes really worth a cheap laugh? It's small minded. It's narrow. It's base. People who don't have anything worthwhile to say, spew crap just to fill the silence. I think that silence is preferable. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]Being a religious person I would never poke fun at the subject. Not everyone will feel the same though.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown
      Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

X
        you got the meaning exactly!
        november I know not everyone will but it is a very cheap shot for anyone to make. we don't make fun of thing's they belevie in so they should not either But I know the rest of the world does not think the same Thank's for your reply's It's nice to know your not the only one with those feeling's
        Thank's
        Duge [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I forgot to put this in but I have grown to very much care for alot of people here And I am the type not only to stand up for myself but for my Freind's also!!!

Comment

Originally posted by duge:

I forgot to put this in but I have grown to very much care for alot of people here And I am the type not only to stand up for myself but for my Freind's also!!!
            Will we have alot in common then dont we! ''Please do not make fun'' who made fun? Ya know man it was a wee joke! Ive nothin against ''THE BIG FELLA'' im sorry did that hurt! My God has a sense of humour,enjoys a cold case of Keiths on a saturday night,likes his chicken spicy and enjoys partaking in the herb.Thats my god he's a pretty groovy dude,but i suppose yours would send me to hell.Oh will my Gods got my back [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] or wait a minute what are the chances are Gods are the same? Theres a scary thought for you eh man [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img] What if your the one gettin it all wrong [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

''In a world called catastrope my native tongue is blasphomy''

Comment

WTF???

Duge...I don't know what this post is referring to, but if you post your religious beliefs, you're going to have to be prepared to get opposing views. You cannot have it both ways.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"
              accept no substitutes

Comment

I ask you simply not to make fun of God.

If this is going to happen I will and probably alot of other's will leave this forum
                GOOFY POST, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS..
                START THUMPING YOUR BIBLE, THEN THE OPPOSING VIEWS WILL COME
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

i completely agree with duge and X. we all have our religious views and should not make fun of it. Making fun of someones religious beliefs is like making fun of someones child. we can have fun without crossing that line. Please respect others beliefs. Thanks...

Josh Stevens
                  T6 para as of 7/17/03

"Nobody's perfect...til you fall in love with Them!"

Josh S.
                  T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Comment

By the same token, even people of the same religion can have different views about their chosen deity. Some may find him/her/it gracious and perfect while others of the same religion find them flawed.

It would be nice if what you're asking could be achieved, but I don't think it's realistic because two people can read or experience the same thing and come away with totally different opinions of it.

-Steven
                    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

duge
                      my apologies if your feelings are hurt, but i think you have to understand that people have different beliefs and if they want to laugh about something, they can, whatever it is whether someone thinks its funny or not. i think i know what your referring to and i thought what Shaun said was funny because i didnt take it 'literally'. i didnt look at it as making fun of anyones belief. carecure seems to be taking things a little too serious lately with this and some things in R&S. geez, LIGHTEN UP!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] i know your going through some difficulties with this whole sci business, but it wouldnt hurt to laugh everyone once in a while [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] take care, bridget

Even if your body cannot move, you can still think and meditate ~Dalai Lama~

Comment

Wow... hey duge & josh, you guys gotta chillax man! If you guys leave this site over this, all I can say is "Whatever, Your Loss"

Geez, duge you freak this much over what Shaun & matt said. How do you deal with life on a daily basis? Big deal, so he'd clear the table and take god on in a scrap. Just because you can't see the humor in that, doesn't mean the rest of us can't, or SHOULDN'T have the opportunity to do so.

It's called different strokes for different folks. Just because you don't like what or how someone jokes or talks about God... oh well..suck it up.

Oh and just because someone makes a joke or says something funny about someone or some thing "DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T RESPECT THEM"

Oh and PS: I believe there's a god, higher power, creator, or whatever you want it to be. it could be a door knob, or a science thingy. Whatever works.

Just relax you guys, don't get your panties in a knot & hey, if you don't like what you read somewhere leave the thread, and don't go back to it. If that's not good enough, you can't take it in stride, and you want to leave this site, well toodle-doo, your loss. [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

My god gave me a sense of ha-ha, Thank god!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun:

Will we have alot in common then dont we! ''Please do not make fun'' who made fun? Ya know man it was a wee joke! Ive nothin against ''THE BIG FELLA'' im sorry did that hurt! My God has a sense of humour,enjoys a cold case of Keiths on a saturday night,likes his chicken spicy and enjoys partaking in the herb.Thats my god he's a pretty groovy dude,but i suppose yours would send me to hell.Oh will my Gods got my back [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] or wait a minute what are the chances are Gods are the same? Theres a scary thought for you eh man [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img] What if your the one gettin it all wrong [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

''In a world called catastrope my native tongue is blasphomy''
                          ROFLMAO [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] God I sure needed a good laugh... Thanks [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Most of us aren't making fun of "god".
                            It's his followers that we find hilarious at times. "The earth is flat", "The earth is the center of the universe". "It's only 10,000 years old", "Evolution is a lie", etc, etc.
                            The Sunday morning "Jumpin' Jebus" comedy hour is almost better than cartoons, some days.

http://krstofer.org
                            http://krstofer.org

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about, duge. But get real my friend. To threaten to leave careCure because somebody made a joke about god is ridiculous.

You forget, we all have our own gods, we all perceive the greater power in our own ways (if we believe in a greater power at all), and our perceptions are all different, seen through each individual's eyes.

My god is more like Shaun's than like yours. That's the way of the world...you have to get over this. Nobody means you any harm, or your god...you need to lighten up a little duge. I consider you my friend. We all love ya, but you can take things too seriously sometimes.

Try to see a little humor in life, it will help you greatly and also help you adjust to having a sci. God bless ya duge, everybody's god.

After all, we won't know the truth until we die, if then, ya know?

-peace [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X