No announcement yet.

Simple Pleasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the sun rise and knowing I get one more day to experience life, regardless of what sort of situation I am in.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

I was gonna say standing up to pee too, but that's already been said.

_____
      Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
      Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

a good friend

joy
        "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
        ~ Gus McCrae
        "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
        AccessibleProperties

Comment

mattblan, I would add shaving in the shower as well.

And just stopping and looking around at the world.

Comment

Never having to know for sure that men pee in the shower. Ack, I'm scarred for life, who has the Clorox?

Now I have to add another simple pleasure... burning my nose with Clorox because I know for sure that, used full strength, it will kill germs on most surfaces. I will stop and look at the world when the fumes clear and the tears quit running. LOL, men and women are so very different.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
            Blog:
            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Hot apple cider when I'm freezing...

When my boyfriend's nephew gives me a hug and asks for a ride on my lap in my chair- has never once been scared of the chair, just took it in stride and accepted it as part of me... very refreshing [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Being able to pee without a catheter, glove, lube, wipey, etc., etc., etc.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"
                accept no substitutes

Comment

To hear the laughter of my grandbaby and see her innocent eyes looking up at me. Also, those great big hugs she gives me. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                  Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
                  but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

i got another...hitting the snooze button on the alarm and getting that 9 more minutes of rest. I love the feeling of almost being asleep.

Josh Stevens
                    T6 para as of 7/17/03

"Nobody's perfect...til you fall in love with them!"

Josh S.
                    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Comment

Surfing the perfect wave at dawn.
                      Andrew [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to the party pal!
                      Bruce Willis, Diehard
                      So there we were, Two against ten thousand.
                      **** we killed those two!!

Comment

Andrew , how about a swim in the ''boogie hole'' after rugby training ? [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
                        thank you ,
                        dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .
                        Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

hot cocoa with marshmallows [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

joy
                          "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
                          ~ Gus McCrae
                          "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
                          AccessibleProperties

Comment

Finishing a tedious task.

-Steven
                            ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

The smell freshly mown hay and rain. The sound of a thunder storm.

Comment

Dresses, skirts and belts at the waistline.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
                                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Working...
                                X