Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a high tack material for quads

Hi,

I'm 18 years post injury. In the early 90's I remember one of my OT's having this blue rubber material that was really sticky. It could be cut off and wrapped around things to help assist with grip.

Anyone know what I might be talking about? I'd be looking for a name brand or even an accurate description so I could nail down a supplier with a Google search or somthing...

TIA

Mike

that blue stuff is called Dicem (sp?)... I haven't used it since the 1st month of therapy though, so a name is about all I can tell ya [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

oh god "dicem" sure brings back early therapy memories. i remember thinking "what the hell is that?!"
      May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

HI Mike,

I have found a material similar to dicem at Wal-Mart, if that helps any.

Comment

Julia, what part of the store should I look in??

Thanks!

Comment

mike b......the material is dicem, like they already told you, but you can get a similar material at any store. it is known as non-slip shelf liner. it is sold where teh "contact" paper is sold at in the store. i kow walmarts has it in with the cooking products section. (yes i am a wal-mart junkie, only store open 24/7 here) they only down fall is, it is not as good as dicem. i would try that first since dicem is expensive. if it doesnt work let me know and i cant get you teh best place to order it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia_Catherine:

HI Mike,

I have found a material similar to dicem at Wal-Mart, if that helps any.
              and much cheaper!

Home depots etc are great for "props" Plumbing insulation works well to build up handles, put a pen thru etc.

Lo-tech ideas!!
              Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

You're looking for Dycem non-slip material from Dycem Technologies. They have an online store:

Dycem USA Online Store

You can also find Dycem products on the Yahoo! Shopping search engine:

Yahoo! Shopping Results for "Dycem"

Good luck!

Comment

I had a little square that I brought home, but I can't find it. I now use an old mouse pad if I need to grip something. It's thicker, and the rubber bottom grips real well.

_____
                  Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
                  Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

thanks to everone, i found what i needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X