No announcement yet.

My ramblings about 'Some thoughts'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

none of u know the real kan. actually, he's one of the kindest and most realistic-minded people that i've met on the internet. he and i fought like cats and dogs on nm (go figure). simply put, he cuts through the bs. cut him a break!

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    -Larry McMurtry
    "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
    AccessibleProperties

Comment

I don't get it -- all the guy said is that if the "cure" meant he'd walk like crap, then he'd rather roll. the guy is entitled to his opinion.

OK, some people would rather walk like crap than roll. Personal preferance.

All kaka did was state a preferance/opinion and I thought everyone was entitled to that.

Don't get mad with somebody just because their reality conflicts with yours. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. That's life. And I guess that is my opinion[img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Candy

Candy Harrington
      Emerging Horizons
      www.EmergingHorizons.com
      Candy Harrington
      Editor, Emerging Horizons
      The Only Accessible Travel Magazine
      www.EmergingHorizons.com
      Read my blog - www.BarrierFreeTravels.com

Comment

Stating an opinion is one thing. But being consistently rude when stating an opinion is quite another. (I think saying "screw you" to another member goes beyond stating an opinion.) There are MANY members of this site who exchange opinions very passionately. But only rarely have I seen people get downright nasty. I think NM experiences this sort of "nastiness" far more frequently than we do here. And I, for one, would prefer to maintain the "gentle and respectful" nature of this site.

Comment

Well, you are correct Clipper, although I can think of far worse things to post than "screw you". seems rather tame by todays standards.

In any case, I don't know what was going on in kakas mind, but he didn't say "screw you" until a few folks jumped on his case for just posting his opinion. IMHO, saying that "your opinion doesn't count here" or "take it somewhere else" or "not in my thread" is just as rude as saying "screw you".

Absent the "screw you" remark, kaka is just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else here, no matter how long he has been sci or a member of this forum. One persons opinion is just as valuable as the next.

Outside of vulgarity, if you (the collective you) don't like the opinion you read, then just scroll past it. It has just as much right to be here as any other.

Candy

Candy Harrington
          Emerging Horizons
          www.EmergingHorizons.com
          Candy Harrington
          Editor, Emerging Horizons
          The Only Accessible Travel Magazine
          www.EmergingHorizons.com
          Read my blog - www.BarrierFreeTravels.com

Comment

Originally posted by candy:

In any case, I don't know what was going on in kakas mind, but he didn't say "screw you" until a few folks jumped on his case for just posting his opinion.
            candy...only kan knows what was going on in his owm mind... [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

joy
            "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
            -Larry McMurtry
            "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
            AccessibleProperties

Comment

[img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]oh my!! I haven't had time to "crank the computer" until tonight and apparently I've missed out on a lot! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Kan5a5, and please don't take this the wrong way...but, your "screw you" post to me made my day! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm not trying to be sarcastic when I say, it made me LMAO!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can't remember the last time someone said "screw you" to me and for some reason that just struck me as hilarious! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
              The other stuff you said was pretty funny too! I don't know why...it just struck me that way! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, I have not intended for any of my posts concerning you to be taken as "jumping on you"...you asked to be dealt with gently in an earlier post...all I ask is that you give to the other people what you ask for...what you say to me is no big deal, but it hurts me when I see people that I have grown to care about be treated as if their feelings are wrong....I'm sorry if I have made you feel that I was jumping your case....that was not my intention...my intentions were to simply express MY opinion. Anyway, thanks for making my day!! I hope you are having a good weekend!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] p.s CJO, this is the last I will post in this thread...I'm sorry it went so far off topic and I was part of the cause of it. I hope you are doing well CJO! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!", he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing", said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."

Comment

I think I read once that approximately 20% of people with SCI have some type of neurological pain. I guess it's possible for someone to accept SCI if they are not in constant pain. I guess it's possible for someone to accept the wheelchair, especially if they have their hands. But every injury and person are different. Circumstances are different. A person can laugh and joke and have a great attitude outwardly, yet still not really be happy. As for us, ever since we got home, I have been reading everything I could, hoping to find help. We can never give up. We wake up every morning hoping that things will get better. I know we have alot to be thankful for, as there are many less fortunate...and my heart goes out to them. We want a cure.

[This message was edited by hope2findacure on 11-06-03 at 05:13 PM.]

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet:

Kan5a5, and please don't take this the wrong way...but, your "screw you" post to me made my day! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm not trying to be sarcastic when I say, it made me LMAO!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can't remember the last time someone said "screw you" to me and for some reason that just struck me as hilarious! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
                  The other stuff you said was pretty funny too! I don't know why...it just struck me that way! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
                  see?!? [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] he grows on u...like a wart! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

joy
                  -Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
                  AccessibleProperties

Comment

Happiness . . . I like it. Simple and straight forward.

So what makes you happy?

The warmth of the sun on your face.
                    A good joke.
                    Sharing good times with friends.
                    Spagetti, corona, and a good cigar.
                    The smile of a two year old child at Christmas.
                    Going 120 mph on an open freeway.
                    A cup of hot buttered rum, a warm fire, and someone special next to you.

only to name a few things.
                    What we do in life echoes in eternity. Maximus - Gladiator

Comment

Working...
                    X