BP stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP stats

[img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] noooo, not another Bowel Program thread...

Since most, if not all us suffer with low blood pressure, what's the lowest you ever scared medical staff with under regular conditions. This means in chair during a standard visit with nothing out of the ordinary wrong with you. Staff takes it and then looks at you all wide eyed with concern you might pass out any second on them and you look back with an evil grin, like "mwhahahaha, gotcha!!".
    Mine's 50-35, no stars, no spots, very little lightheadedness. Recorded a 60-45 just yesterday. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] c'mon, put some numbers up everybody.

In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed.
    Edgar Allan Poe

60/42 here, the nurse was freaking...of course they freaked last time at 76/50
    www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

50/33
      Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

anyone have tips or meds to raise bp

Comment

Originally posted by CLC379:

I'm taking proamatine and florinef for my low blood pressure.

Drink plenty of liquids.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown
          Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

jim regularly has 80/50, but his bp has managed to get down to 55/35 or just unable to read. he is hard to hear, since the accident and many, many arterial lines. most nurses can't get a radial pulse and struggle with the bp. the worst was always the tilt table, does better with easy stander. i did find that when he 'went out' when getting into chair in the morning that it was best to lean far forward rather than going back into recumbent position. he is completely unaware of lightheadedness when it occurs. the rehab nurses always freaked out and said he was having seizures, so we learned on our own what worked best. he also takes proamitine

Comment

68/42. I told the nurse, "hey, I'm not at risk of a stroke!" [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
              Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Thw bf's just evil sometimes....sits there grinning when it gets taken, whoever gets a puzzled look, starts to take it again, THEN will say 'Oh, yeah, it's always low' 70/40 isn't unusual for him and it doesn't bother him when it gets that low. I'm the one who starts worrying when it gets over 120

Comment

Originally posted by CLC379:

i don't recommend any of these and have trade offs, still help me though: salt but will make u retain water, which is actually the point. smoking helps raise mine, but well, the downsides are obvious.

pseudophedrine is only med i take. 30mg or 60 if needed. found out other stuff was ...oops...ing me up more. oh, and fluids, preferably non-alcoholic. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed.
                  Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I take florinef as well, but still have typical seated BP of low 80's/high 70's over 50's. Salt just makes my feet look like Fred Flinstone's.

Several people on these boards have stated the standing frames had less BP problems for them than tilt table. I am currently using a tilt table to try to work towards tolerance to standing, but if I go above 50 degrees my BP drops to 60's over 30's (the doctor said avoid anything below 40).

For those who have found standing frames easier:

What are your typical seated BPs?
                    Have you measured BPs while standing?

I want to give the standing frame a try but my PT is reluctant without a clear strategy. I guess she doesn't want to deal with the paperwork if I pass out on her.

Comment

I had a 30/19 experience at Craig, but that was one of those automatic digital jobs...

Comment

Working...
                      X