All time favorites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All time favorites.

List a favorite song, movie, or piece of art and why it it a favorite. Let's try to keep criticisms of others to a minimum.

Song "Lucille" by B.B. King. Simple, straightforward blues song, chock full of great riffs, tells a great story, and longer than 4minutes.

Play Original version of Alice in Wonderland with Pink Floyd's "The Wall" for sound. All while smokin a big fatty. Now that's entertainment. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Stratman on 09-17-03 at 01:08 PM.]

movie, Dumb & Dumber, 1994 w/ Jim Carey & Jeff Daniels... always a good pick-me-up because the humor is so stupid, you can't help but laugh.

songs, most anything by Sara Evans or Alison Krauss. I have many other artists from various genres that I love, but these 2 rank at the top of my list for the most beautiful voices... always soothing when needed.

~ scott

Comment

Recent movie: About A Boy. Nick Hornsby writes such smart dialogue.

Books: Coming Home and The Shell Seekers, both by Rosamund Pilcher. Smart, strong women in WWII England.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman:

List a favorite song, movie, or piece of art and why it it a favorite.
        Fave song: "Break My Stride"
        It's an 80's one-hit wonder by Matthew Wilder. It's a long story why it's my fave.

Movie: I have a few:
        "The Sound of Music"
        A good movie with plenty of opportunities to sing along. My all-time fave.

"Girl, Interrupted"
        Cool true story about one girl's mental health struggle. Great acting (I love Angelina Jolie) and plenty of things to think about.

"The Silence of the Lambs"
        Another of my faves. It's what made me decide on this field. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Book:
        Just finished "White Oleander." Awesome book, awesome movie.

"Heaven" by V.C. Andrews. My fave novel. My fave series by her is the "Flowers in the Attic" series.

Comment

Favorite song-Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis)

Favorite Movie-Wuthering Heights (the old one with Laurence Olivier)

Favorite Book-Of Mice and Men (Steinbeck)

Bethany, I love the Shell Seekers too, as does my mom. I read the book long ago, and watched the movie a couple of years ago. Have you seen the movie? The mother was played by that lady from Murder She Wrote, who I'm not crazy about, but it was still good. Carol [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Favorite movie: The Shawshank Redemption
            Favorite cartoon movie: Aladdin [Honorable Mention: The Lion King]
            Favorite musical: Cats
            Favorite song from a musical: from Hair, Age of Aquarius [Honorable Mentions: from Cats, Magical Mr. Mistoffeles; from Grease, Summer Nights; from Nunsense, Nunsense Is Habit Forming; many, many more [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]]
            Favorite artist: Dali
            Favorite pick-me up songs: too many to list, but they include Natalie Imbruglia's Torn, Lisa Loeb's Stay, and Jill Sobule's I Kissed a Girl.

-Steven

[This message was edited by Steven Edwards on 09-17-03 at 10:46 AM.]
            ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

"Head like a hole"
              "Ringfinger"
              ~Nine Inch Nails.

"Block Rockin Beats"
              ~Chemical Brothers

http://krstofer.org
              http://krstofer.org

Comment

Tiesto remix of Oakenfold's Southern Sun. Why? Lots of good times with that song, and it really is a sonic experience as it ramps up to higher levels.

Comment

Favorite Song: Stand by me - Ben E. King
                  and My Woman, my women, my wife - Marty Robbins
                  Favorite Scary Movie: The Ring
                  Favorite Book: Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
                  Faxorite Art: Starry Night - Van Gogh
                  Other Favorite Movie: The Deer hunter

Forgot one - Favorite Broadway Show: Angels in America
                  "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

sorry...meant to delete [img]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/img]
                    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
                    -Larry McMurtry

[This message was edited by joyt on 09-17-03 at 08:55 PM.]
                    "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
                    AccessibleProperties

Comment

movie: "out of africa" (meryl streep, robert redford)
                      book: "lonesome dove" (larry mcmurtry)
                      album: "no secrets" (carly simon)
                      movie lines: "damn! we're in a tight spot!" and
                      "we thought you was a toad!"
                      "what?"
                      "we-thought-you-was-a-toad!" [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (o brother, where art thou?')
                      food: shrimp
                      why? because they all make me happy! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

joy [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                      "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
                      -Larry McMurtry
                      "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
                      AccessibleProperties

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman:

List a favorite song, movie, or piece of art and why it it a favorite. Let's try to keep criticisms of others to a minimum.
                        Movie - Animal House. Hysterical flick.

Alan
                        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

movie- The Godfather (1 and 2)
                          song- Copperhead Road by Steve Earle
                          book- Trainspotting
                          www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Movie: Tombstone

Song: too many of them but my theme song is "Much Too Young, To Feel This Damn Old"-Garth Brooks

Comment

I have a lot of fave songs but love the lyrics to "November Rain" and "Don't Cry" both on Guns~n~Roses Use Your Illusion II album.

Movie would be "Goodfellas" w/ Robert De Niro, Ray Liota, and Joe Pesci.

Book: Red Dragon(the prequel to Silence of the Lambs)

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown
                              Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Working...
                              X