How do you Dream...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you Dream...?

When you dream, are you in a chair or not? Are you SCI or AB?

actually this is strange and i swear i'm telling the truth. pre-injury i had strange dreams i was lookin at the world from a strange ground level perspective. post injury i understand that now. but now when i dream, i dream i'm AB and from that perspective. but i still don't walk/run, i kinda float along and i never see my legs. and not once yet have i dreamed of me in my wc.

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it." Braveheart

Comment

Interesting question, as I just had a weird dream last night. (look for my post here about it)
      I still walk in the dreams, although I'm shorter now and really slow.
      T 4/5 complete chair-rider.

http://krstofer.org
      http://krstofer.org

Comment

Dreams

In my dreams I have the ability to will myself out of the chair. I walk, run, dance, etc. However, I am constantly aware that someone who knows me as being in the chair will see me and accuse me of being a fraud SCI. I am almost two years post, yet in my drams I have not seen myself in the chair.
        You C.A.N.
        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I am always able-bodied in mine - especially the naughTy ones.

Comment

My dreams are mixed. Some dreams I'm walking about as normal, some I can walk, but I still have my chair with me.

One dream, I was back at school, but I still had to cath and do a bowel program, and I took a shower in a roll-in shower in a shower chair.

_____
            Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
            Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

I either don't dream or don't remember them anymore, or rarely, when I wake up. Pre-injury, I vividly remembered each one for at least an hour or two after I woke.

Oddly enough, I dreamed when I was pretty young that I would die because of a car hitting me. At least I thought I died after that because there was a long blackness. The dream occurred fairly frequently in my younger days and I was injured in a car wreck followed by a coma, none of which I remember.

Pre-injury dreams I was never in a chair. Now, when I remember them, I am never in a chair.

-Steven
              ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

In my dreams there is no injury. All is well.
                Wish I could dream more.

Comment

Never in a wheelchair but occasionally I find myself emptying my leg bag, and from time to time I have to take the medication, which I never do.
                  Dave H

Comment

Most of mine are as A/B, but I sometimes have ones in my chair and I dream a lot at night. Over the past few years (19 post) I've had a few more with my chair than I did within the first few.

Comment

Years ago I used to have dreams that people were breaking into my house and trying to kill me. In the dream, I had a gun and tried shooting them, but the bullets either bounced off, missed, or just went a few feet and fell to the ground. At that time, the only guns I owned were two .22 rifles, and a .22 revolver.

After I bought a .45 pistol, those dreams went away. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

_____
                      Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
                      Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

It varies with me. I've never been able to figure out why.

Comment

I dont remember most of my dreams, but some of the ones I remember I am kind of moving really slow or have trouble moving all together like there is something goofy with my legs. I dont remember having a wheelchair in any of my dreams.

Comment

Most of mine are a/b; occasionally I will dream I am in a chair, but only partially paralyzed.

Once when I was in ICU I dreamed I was on a vent but learning to walk again. Oddly enough, my dreams are a lot more substantiv4e than my waking memories from the hospital.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Comment

I'm the same Andy.

In my dreams I don't have a wheelchair but I'm kind of aware that something is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X