Went skydiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went skydiving

My sister and I went skydiving last week. I put the pictures on a webpage.

Here's the address- http://www.msnusers.com/JimsPicsofSkydive/shoebox.msnw

... [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]...

Wow, looks like fun. Good deal.

Question? where did you get those colored tires on your chair? been looking for some colored ones for my chair.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

looks like a blast congrats.

Comment

Jimmy,

Great Pics! It is nice to know that my Tuesday morning nausea was justified!!!

I can hear your WoooHooo from here.. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mary
        1FineSpineRN

Comment

great pictures however im surprised you didnt accuse bush of using the air force to shoot at you. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice pictures. How was your landing? Your legs hit the ground first? Also who carries emergency parachute, I dont see it on pictures?

Comment

Curtis,

I got tires from a local bike shop- Beachwood Bicycles- (732) 349-2333 They charged me $20 per tire. They would prob ship you a pair.

I found the website of the manufacturer, but they're in Japan-
              http://www.inoac.co.jp/irc/hc/

kl, we put the harness on so my knees were bent. My feet didn't touch at all. The landing was smoooooth. The tandem instructor has both shutes on his back. After jumping I asked how often the main chute fails, and he said about 1/1000. It has happened to him about a dozen times. He's jumped almost 13,000 times. Death by skydiving is about 1/20,000.

Here's the website of the place i jumped- http://www.freefalladventures.com/sk...n_student.html

... [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]...

Comment

That's truly amazing... I wish I had the guts to pull that one off [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nice pictures. Do you think the instructor will stop when he gets to jump number 19,999?

-Lewis
                C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Comment

JLB, too cool! Before Bruce and Heather decide that they just have to try this, could you explain how you got safely down? I'm serious . . . they've been parasailing and whitewater rafting since the day he broke his neck while they were skiing, and they're always looking for new adventures. I'd like to see pix of the landing, if you have them. Thanks!

Comment

It is very interesting that your knees were bent. I jumped 3 times when I was 15 years old and I had very hard landings. It was long, long time ago in galaxy far, far away, parachutes were different. I jumped alone but my parachute opened automatically second after I jumped.

Comment

JLB, congrats on the jump! Was it your first? I had eight jumps under my belt pre-injury and although all of them were static line jumps and practice rip cord pulls (4500 feet max)it was always a blast. At which location did you jump? the one in South Jersey is only ten minutes from my house so let me know if you go again. I'll get out the big zoom and take some shots from the ground...No more jumps for me though.

~Den

Comment

kewl pics JLB !! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                        your legs were straped back? I had my legs loose when I jumped. But.. the guy I tandemed with was much bigger than me and so he basically suported my body. as we landed, 2 other guys who worked with the company were on ground to catch me. It all worked out smooth.

Comment

Alright JLB, so cool.
                          http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Great, JLB! The pictures are real nice! I'm glad you did it. Did you get video, too? What was the name of your tandem instructor, if you don't mind? One thing you didn't mention - how'd you like your skydive?
                            Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
                            ~ Arthur Ashe

Comment

JLB

Great job and great pictures! I went 2 years ago and loved it. I loved the freefall but liked the slow descent after the shoot opened even better. I did my jump outside of Raleigh Durham, NC and I couldn't believe how quiet and serene the fall was after the shoot popped open. Hopefully you got the video. Will you go again?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X