Another Old Topic - TV/Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Old Topic - TV/Films

Following on from jmublueduck's (how do you guys think up these names?) question, I am reviving another old topic,i.e.

What film or television programme do you think best depicts a spinal cord injured person?

We've had reruns of old Ironside episodes which made me think of this. Although it doesn't depict paraplegia the most accurately, I like the way there was this guy who just carried on with his job - and he was still the boss and everyone did what he told them.

I liked the guy who had the recurring role on "Providence" on TV before it went off the air.

For movies, I still like "Waterdance".

Comment

monkey shines or the bone collecter

"you never know what tomorrow may hold "
      "you never know what tomorrow may hold "

Comment

"my Left Foot" was awesome.

Comment

Coming Home, hands down winner

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

Comment

I like "An Affair to Remember". Great chick flick, all matching dresses and coats. Then you can laugh at the depiction of SCI. Deborah Kerr's way beautiful, just a-lying on the couch. No wheelchair, canes or catheters in sight. Being really noble in case Cary Grant stops by. I saw it the first time in rehab. My best friend and I nearly passed out laughing.

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
              ---The Bad Examples
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Cory:

Born on the 4th of July.
                Yes. This is one of the best IMO..
                And The Other Side of the Mountain.
                Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Who's life is it anyway
                  esp. the reggae scene where the band took off leaving the quad holding the spleef!

The fight scene in Waterdance was great
                  "kick him!"

I met Jill Kinmont a few years ago - totally incredible woman, with a roll in hot tub and accessible RV!
                  "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

depends how cynical you want to get... Office Space either had a too accurate/scary depiction of SCI -or- one of the absolute worst poke-fun depictions of SCI I've seen in a movie, aside from the fact that Tom Smykowski (character played by Richard Riehle) could move slightly in a halo.

hehe.. btw Chris2, scroll 1/3 of the way down on this thread to find out about my name here.

peace,
                    ~ scott

Comment

Working...
                    X