Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it seems that most everyone on here is a quad ...let's call it the QUAD SQUAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it seems that most everyone on here is a quad ...let's call it the QUAD SQUAD!

I HAVE NOTICED THAT THERE ARE A HIGH %OF QUADS THAT VISIT THIS SITE . WE MISE WELL CALL IT THE QUAD SQUAD!!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Kort ...life can change in a split second "a.k.a. paralysis!"
    Kort ...life can change in a split second "a.k.a. paralysis!"

kort, good observation, partially correct, however i do have a feeling that most folks here don't want to associate themselves with SCI as much as possible. these injuries don't define our lives nor the "clubs" (can't think of a better word right now) that we're part of.

i do see your point & i sense some humor in it, but it bugs me. ask any of my friends how often i use the words "paralyzed", "disabled", "quad/quadriplegic", etc. in front of them... i never do. that's not me... what's visibly obvious is obvious enough.

peace bro. it's all good... just wanted to voice my mind.

Comment

we paraplegics are to busy out and about enjoying ourselves to post here

Comment

Personally I hate being identified by my disability.

BTW, is it just me or is "quadriplegic" just a truly UGLY sounding word?
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Comment

Maybe the Quad Squad just have bigger "mouths"!(Just joking)

Comment

Actually the preferred term is "tetraplegic" (not quadriplegic). Unfortunately this does not seem to naturally convert those easy terms like quad rugby, quad cough or "Quad Squad"!

Comment

Originally posted by StarlightAngel:

Yeah, it ranks right up with "hemorrhoid".

Comment

I a broad sense, most quads are more dependant on others and face more "care" issues than a paras.

Originally posted by StarlightAngel:

It surely is an Ugly word, but I'd rather be be refered to as a quad than a "cripple or an invalid." Those are some really ugly words some ignorant people have used to describe my disability.

http://homepage.mac.com/bradd/Menu9.html

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by KLD:

Actually the preferred term is "tetraplegic" (not quadriplegic). Unfortunately this does not seem to naturally convert those easy terms like quad rugby, quad cough or "Quad Squad"!
                  The Tet Set?
                  Too sixties.

How about The Tetranators?
                  "We'll be bock."

Comment

Working...
                  X