What Music Are You Listening To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Music Are You Listening To?

I was just curious what people here have been listening to in regards to music lately. List which artists/cds you're listening to, and optionally what draws you to that artist/cd or just your general impressions.

I'll start off. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
    This is just a great neo-jazz CD that was released a few months back. The music is very relaxing and Norah has a great voice for the style. My favorite is track 10, "The Painter Song".

Christina Aguilera - Stripped
    This CD is not the same bubblegum pop that she started out with a few years back, nor is it a sleazy attempt at selling CDs as the media likes to claim. Instead, most of the songs on this album are introspective and very personal. This is a CD where Christina comes into her own and lets you know who she really is. Favorite song is track 19, "I'm Ok."

Allrighty, those are the two I have been listening two the most recently. What are you listening to?

-Steven
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Just got October Roads, James Taylor, and Johnny Cash's newest; other than that, Bonnie Raitt rocks!

Comment

salmonella dub - outside the dub plates
      funkstar deluxe - funkturistic
      alex lloyd - watching angels mend
      linkin park - hybrid theroy
      groove armada - love box

that what ive been listening to today

Comment

I Love Music!

Static-X: Machine ~ Heavy metal meets techno.
        Babylon A.D.: Babylon A.D. ~ Heavy metal, circa 1990.
        Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime ~ Conceptual metal, circa 1988 - a concept album taking aim at organized religion (at least, that's always been my interpretation of the album)
        U2: Joshua Tree ~ My favorite album by one of the best bands on the planet.
        Alien Ant Farm: ANThology ~ Pop-rock, cool cover of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal"

~Rus

But I feel it's time to say goodbye to fear, and feel the fury of these tears, as they run down my face...~ "I'm a Cloud" by - Boy Hits Car

Comment

good question!

new cd by the Indigo Girls, don't recall the name, but it's very fine
          anything by the Dixie Chicks--they rock!
          also on the Bonnie Raitt train, plus I (still) love the Rolling Stones
          Dave Matthews is good

NOT canned Christmas music. God help us, but who thinks this is a good idea???

Comment

Just got the new Mariah Carey album

A few real good songs on it. Not crazy about some of the other songs though as they are a little too rappy for me.

The New Matchbox 20 album is good too.

"Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred
            "Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

My car music

This week:
              Guns'n'Roses (Use your illusion)
              Dixie Chicks
              John McCutcheon
              Jesus Christ Superstar
              Sister Hazel
              James Taylor (Mud Slide Slim)
              Local bands from Houston.
              Eclectic, but keeps myself and my 13 yr. old son happy. No one else wants to ride with us-that transition from JT to Axl messes with their minds. John McCutcheon is kind of bluegrass, (his roots are) but much wider. Incredible lyrics. I'm giving this one to all my friends for Christmas. Betheny
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

System of a Down- Toxicity
                Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American
                Elvis Costello- When I was Cruel
                Audioslave!

most stuff in the past month or two has been a bit "twee" in my estimation; I am totally sick of Puddle of Disturbed Stained Mudd and all of the other sound-alike new metal- it is shite, in my opinion

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
                - Allen Ginsburg
                "I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
                - Allen Ginsburg

Comment

Audioslave

Justin, how is that CD

~Rus

But I feel it's time to say goodbye to fear, and feel the fury of these tears, as they run down my face...~ "I'm a Cloud" by - Boy Hits Car

Comment

norah jones -- good call. hit that disc up tonight. also... um... off the top of my head:

rockwell church
                    nickel creek
                    chris mason
                    david crowder
                    chris tomlin
                    alison krauss
                    david wilcox
                    shane barnard
                    coldplay

& scorpion: the joshua tree -- 2nd greatest cd next to 'august & everything after' by the counting crows. word.

Comment

a few I've been listening to lately

That Dog - Retreat from the sun cool little punk/pop chick band from the mid 90's. The lead singer is f-ing cute!

Jimmie Eat World - Static Prevails better album than Bleed American imo I like it though, but couldn't get into their album Clarity.

Elastica - The Menace Another cool punk/pop chick band with a cute lead singer. This latest album is alright but not as good as their first self titled album imo.

Tripping Daisy - Tripping Daisy 4th and unfortunetly final album from what was a cool band.

Scorpion- I'm not a big U2 fan but I dug their album Achtung Baby, I got it when I was 17 and still have and listen to it once in awhile...reminds me of soom good times pre-sci.

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about the guys listening to Christina Augulera and Mariah Carey [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Scorp,

Audioslave- I was somewhat dubious at first, you know, the whole alternasupergroup thing, but I really dig it. Chris Cornell can't help but be the alternative Robert Plant- that voice is too characteristic. Rage was good, if not a bit shallow, but the Audioslave project shows the dimensions that Morello has, if nothing else. The album sounds more like a new, funky Soundgarden album rather than another Rage album, which is the correct approach, for me. Check it out, and by all means, if you dig it, go git yoself one, dood!

- Allen Ginsburg
                        - Allen Ginsburg

Comment

I downloaded and burned Audioslave last week. Well worth the effort. Thank you Grokster!

Comment

Just bought the Best of U2 from 1990-2000. VERY good! Also bought the Best of Bowie album...David Bowie..and loved it. Also listening to Santana's new album Shaman...which totally rocks.

And I'm embarassed to admit it but I download J. Lo's "Jenny from the block," MP3.
                            May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

Don't be embarassed...

Originally posted by Theophania:

Just bought the Best of U2 from 1990-2000. VERY good! Also bought the Best of Bowie album...David Bowie..and loved it. Also listening to Santana's new album Shaman...which totally rocks.

And I'm embarassed to admit it but I download J. Lo's "Jenny from the block," MP3.
                              I love that song, but don't tell anybody LOL [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Where did you download it from? I have an Mp3 player and am knew to it all. Fill me in. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I have been listening to nothing but the new release from Charlotte Church since last Saturday. It absolutely rocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X