Chris Reeve on Larry King 9/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Reeve on Larry King 9/23

Chris is on Larry King (CNN) tonight at 9pm Eastern.

... [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]...

We have a TV Guide posting now????

Comment

Sorry...

Sorry about that, that I was tacky I know. I just sick of hearing about Reeves all the time. It has gotten EXTREMELY old, especially in the past week. Sorry about that JLB.

Comment

Thanks, JLB

I love the media blitz of late. It's probably why NY State couldn't get away with spending all their SCI money on other things. Keep it coming, CR!

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~
        ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

Thanks JLB

I appreciate the info. on Christopher being on Larry King tonight, will be sure to watch. Sooooo proud of him bringing so much public awareness towards sci, where would we be without him.....

Comment

Yeah...

...maybe he'll show us all how he can make his finger twitch.

I wonder if he'll comment about his "I'll be walking by the time I am 50" prediction? I'd like to see what he has to say about the difference between accomplishing that feat and his actual accomplishment?

The one good thing about CR is that he has finally stopped making his predictions and is at least regurgitating the same message we've heard from others for years.

Go CR!! Please...just go. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ParaDude:

Please...just go.
              AMEN!!!!!!!!

Comment

Geeez, Dude

The guy works his ass off for years, in spite of a hopelessly complete injury that he's guaranteed never to get any recovery from. Then, against all odds, he does and you still won't give him a break.

He predicted he'd be walking based on receiving a cure therapy. He's actually moving his legs based on sweat therapy. Which is the greater of the two miracles, IMO.

Something about CR really bothers you. The problem is that what angers us like that is actually controlling us. Lighten up dude. You're letting CR grab you by the balls. When he's not even trying to.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~
                ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

Good for Christopher Reeve the more we hear the better. Here's a tip if, you don't like it, don't watch it.

"If the wind could blow my troubles away. I'd stand in front of a hurricane."
                  "I QUESS THEY'LL HAVE TO RUN OUT OF RATS, BEFORE THEY TRY IT OUT IN HUMANS. WAKE ME UP WHEN IT'S OVER !!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:

Good for Christopher Reeve the more we hear the better. Here's a tip if, you don't like it, don't watch it.
                    LOL If only it were that easy! He's like Britney Spears, he's everywhere!! LOL

In all seriousness, I have nothing personal against the guy. It's just SCI's were around LONG before he became injured and the underdog NEVER gets acknowledged. What about all of the advocates that were around before him? Why should he get so much recognition when so many SCI's are leaving their mark on the world by working, going to school, making a life for themselves, etc.? He is not a god and should not be put on a pedestal. I wouldn't wish SCI on anyone and I'm sorry he got injured but good grief. He is no more special than you or I. Just because he's Superman doesn't make him Super.

My $.02. Please no flaming.

Comment

Have a Nice Day [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"If the wind could blow my troubles away. I'd stand in front of a hurricane."
                      "I QUESS THEY'LL HAVE TO RUN OUT OF RATS, BEFORE THEY TRY IT OUT IN HUMANS. WAKE ME UP WHEN IT'S OVER !!!"

Comment

CR is doing wonderful things for our cure cause. I for one have no intention of settling for the body I have now. I don't want acclamation, I want a cure. Go CR and thank you so very, very, much.

Deb
                        "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

"Why should he get so much recognition when so many SCI's are leaving their mark on the world by working, going to school, making a life for themselves, etc.?"

Because he is like many (most?) of us here. He does not accept his injury in any way shape or form. To him there is nothing even remotely acceptable about SCI. We will die fighting before accepting this living hell and he is in a position of significant power to do something about it. Namely: awareness & fundraising.

Beating SCI is a much bigger deal than getting a job and having a family. Sorry to say but it is. It is the "holy grail" of neuroscience and we are just about there.
                          "Oh yeah life goes on
                          Long after the thrill of livin is gone"

John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

I have way more respect for an SCI who goes to work everyday and provides for himself than an SCI who runs their mouth about a cure while me and fellow taxpayers are paying for their disability check every month.

Comment

Lindsay, do you really think he needs that disability check? Or do you even know that he gets one?

CR's work is exactly what he is doing. He's working tirelessly to get the word out about SCI, its impact on lives, and how important research is.

We all seem to have prejudices toward 'celeberties', thinking their lives are so much better/easier/richer than ours. Richer monetarily, maybe; better, easier, happier, I really wonder.

Comment

Working...
                              X