Smoking Tobacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking Tobacco

What has been your past and/or current use of smoking tobacco?
    I quit smoking tobacco after SCI
    0.00%
    I quit smoking tobacco before SCI.
    0.00%
    I continued smoking after SCI and still do.
    100.00%
    I have never smoked tobacco.
    0.00%
    I enjoy a chilled martini before dinner.
    0.00%
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

My Doctor and all the Ot's and Pt's scared me into not smoking. Plus I couldn't smoke for 3 weeks while I was in the hospital. I figured there was no point in starting back up. I didn't want to slow down my healing time and make my circulation any worse. I've already got to live with the consequences of drinking and driving, so I don't want to play russian roulette with smoking.

Comment

One Time Chimney

I stopped smoking in 1978. Had the habit for nearly 25 years. Would not think of starting back. Hopwever, I relish a chilled martini before dinner.
      You C.A.N.
      Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I stopped smoking after SCI, but not by choice. [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I now follow smokers around looking for a contact high.
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Comment

I smoke a pipe

I have smoked since I was 5 years old and continue to do so because I enjoy it. I started smoking unfiltered cigarettes, switched to filtered ones then began smoking a pipe in 1986.

My left lung collapsed as a result of my accident and when the MD came out after re-inflating it he informed my wife I had such nice pink lungs of a non-smoker. My wife's peals of laughter that rang through the ICU must have shocked a lot of people.

I am, however, a considerate smoker and do not smoke unless there is sufficient ventillation. I have also had many compliments on the pleasant odor my tobacco gives off.

"And so it begins."
          "And so it begins."

Comment

Working...
          X