the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred
    Thank You

[This message was edited by Curtis on Jun 23, 2002 at 03:06 PM.]

Comment

Curtis

The funny thing is, the second paragraph in your original post would make a great new start to a C & W song. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I like some of the newer C & W songs too.

Russ Byrd

Comment

I didn't know that Germans listened to German country music. I mean that's why all the music in Stuttgart is DixieLand jazz, everyone in Munich knows all the words to American country music (ever heard Rocky Top with a Bavarian accent?)and anyone older than 3 in Berlin listens to Wagner..
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Curtis, thanks. Believe it or not, despite my background, I prefer CW, and even blue-grass, to other music. I caught the bug when I lived in Iowa and my visits to Texas. Unfortunately, New York and New Jersey are not particularly good for CW or BG. Or perhaps I have not had the time to look.

Russell, I agree that the Curtis' second paragraph would be good verse for a great CW song. Maybe somebody can provide the music and we could have our own CareCure CW band. StarlightAngel, Chris2, and undoubtedly others here are guitarists... Incidentally, I think that we should put Starlight's Dr. Seuss poem to song. Oh, Bilby's poem would be fabulous in CW rhythm.

Sue, total agreement. You can walk on the backstreets of Tokyo and find blue grass bars. Jazz and blues bars are much more popular and frequent in Heidelberg than German folk song bars. There is something about American music that reaches the soul, even when people cannot understand the words.

Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on Jun 23, 2002 at 10:07 AM.]

Comment

Yeah Sue,

The last song I heard was, "Ich bin ganz verruckt, Ich fahr ein Pick Up Truck"

Seemed like it had some kind of pseudo CW accent that tries to copy how CW songs are preformed in the states.

Blah!

[img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
            "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Hmmm.......I don't buy the idea that a moderator can edit another's posts. What is to stop an unhinged moderator from editing out views that the moderator disagrees with? I realize this thread is about going to see a "country" (term used loosely) performer, but another's opions were edited by the moderator- I call bull**** on that.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
              - Allen Ginsburg

[This message was edited by Curtis on Jun 23, 2002 at 04:05 PM.]
              "I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."
              - Allen Ginsburg

Comment

Jo Dee has some good songs, but I just can't stand to hear her laugh. She looks good in some videos, but in other ones she don't.

Comment

Mike C im with you buddy!

Country music has got to be the saddest most depressing crap there is.It all sounds exactly the same! do these people not know that there is whole world of different chords you can play on a guitar.Country music is a bunch of whining set to a tune.A set tune at that.

~Shaun~

Comment

If you had Children Justin

Would you want them to read you're profanity?

"Life is about how you
                    respond to not only the
                    challenges you're dealt but
                    you have no goals, no
                    mountains to climb, your
                    soul dies".~Liz Fordred
                    "Life is about how you
                    respond to not only the
                    you have no goals, no
                    mountains to climb, your
                    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Wow Shaun, for a Maple Leafs fan you sure have a good taste in music.

Comment

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes

Some like Led Zepplin others like Glenn Miller, thats what makes the world go round.

Tigger, I kind of think Jo Dee's laugh is Cute, lol. Its funny she grew up about 7 miles from where I grew up, small world.

Paying for all the Partying I have been doing, another UTI.

"Life is about how you
                        respond to not only the
                        you have no goals, no
                        mountains to climb, your
                        soul dies".~Liz Fordred
                        "Life is about how you
                        respond to not only the
                        you have no goals, no
                        mountains to climb, your
                        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

what's good music?

good music is a good song or story and that can be found in any type of music. we all have our favorite style of music but i bet you've heard a good song that really wasn't your type of thing. i'm personally a lover of the oldies the 70's, motown, soft rock and yes country. thats what makes american so special diversity. [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Mike? Have you ever seen that "western cowpoke town" just south of Augsburg on the back road to Munich? They've recreated a real town out there in the country. Looks like the set for a Wyatt Earp movie but it's a theme park.. I have never understood the German fascination with old country. "Old" being the "I just got out of prison, my dog got run over by Grannie while she was running from the law drunker than a skunk on her brother's moonshine" country music. I like country rock like some of Alabama's stuff. And Willie Nelson is good to get soused by.

But like Wise I do like blue grass. I find it totally different than country though. I was forced to learn the cotton eye joe when I was stationed in Texas too... Much as I hate to admit it, I would be thrilled to relearn the two step in my old age. But Rock n Roll rules!! Bob Seger and his boys had that right from the get go!

Oh geez, I just remembered what else was big in Munich..the American Big Bands. I got lucky once with a day off coinciding with the opening parade and festivities at the Octoberfest. That year Glenn Miller and the Dorseys were hot on opening day and my compatriots and I did a decent job on the table tops with some fancy footwork with our German friends. Then again my memory may be blurry. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sue<---Ich nicht fahr ein pick up truck!
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Rings a bell Sue, I think the town is called Blech, if it isn´t, there is a similar country town also located somewhere in Bavaria. I´d have to ask my brother in law. He took the kids there just last spring. I think that German country music has already had it´s trendy ride peak some years ago, but it´s still around (especially in the rebel area´s of southern Germany!), and a local radio still blair´s the stuff for a few hours a day. www.allcountry.de is a place you can read and weep, or wonder, depending on your taste [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
                              "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

MikeC

U R RIGHT LOLOLOLOLOL... MY GRANDMA WAS RAISED IN GERMANY (BORN NORTHR ITALY) AND WHEN I FOUND A TAPE OF US COUNTRY MUSIC IN GERMAN IT WAS SOOOO FUNNY, I MIGHT STILL HAVE, SOME DAY I'LL LOOK FOR IT (AFTER I FIND THE BOOK I PROMISED SUGAR COOKIE DA)

BTW sorry for the caps

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...
                                Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X