• Show
Clear All

• Dreams

When you dream, are you:
    Able Bodied
    0%
    In a chair but able to get up and walk anytime
    0%
    In a chair and CANNOT GET UP. (ie: reality)
    0%
    "Oh yeah life goes on
    Long after the thrill of livin is gone"

John Cougar Mellencamp

My dreams

95% of my dreams are able bodied.
    4.9% of my dreams are in a chair but able to get up anytime
    .1% is reality.

I have been injured close to 2 years and I have only had 2 dreams where I was in a chair and can't get up... woke up quite disturbed.

Does this change for people over time?
    "Oh yeah life goes on
    Long after the thrill of livin is gone"

John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

Dreams

For 2/3rds of my life I have been able bodied, 1/3rd in a wheelchair. In 90% OF my dreams I am
      able bodied. It brings back sweet memorys. Maybe someday again. If not, it is still a great life.
      Music, beauty, children, sunshine, springtime,
      a geat movie, fresh air, a beautiful woman, thought, love, laughter. The best things in life are really free and there for us.

Comment

For the first couple of years I was able bodied, after that I simply ceased appearing in them at all, I was always a spectator, watching events take place but never participating. Within the last 6 years or so I've been involved in most of my dreams and I am in a wc, as I am in reality, with all the normal limitations.

Comment

I dream both & something in between where I'm a para or not totally paralyzed.

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

Comment

I was just thinking about this very topic. In my dreams I'm often walking but I'm always aware that I shouldn't be, or I'll be pushing my chair, or doing SCI stuff (cathing, etc.) while I'm AB.
            Except last night where I was in my chair for the whole dream (and only referred to as "the girl in the wheelchair' even though I was with people who know my name). I hope my walking dreams never go away...they make my nights sweet (even if waking up sucks).

"Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't."
            --Melody Beattie, writer and counselor
            Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Originally posted by mkowalski99:

Does this change for people over time?
              It has been nearly 28 years and I am still AB in my dreams, never a chair or disability. There has never been a doubt in my mind that I will see the cure in my lifetime and one day walk again.

The only change in my dreams is in perspective. At 6'1 I always looked down at everything, now I look up at the world.

Noel

Comment

Working...
              X