Accessible House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessible House

I'm thinking of building a house. I need ideas on what I might need to make it wheelchair accessible for myself.

spirits

chimera, I posted my remodel experience a while back, it may give you some ideas.

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28359

Comment

Hi Chimera! Whatever you do don't measure the height where you want your counters without your shoes on. All the measurements we did prior to putting in the kitchen counters, I wasn't wearing shoes, only slippers. Needless to say, it wasn't till after a few days I went to roll under the counter with my shoes on and I smashed into a drawer! DUH!! The other problem was when we wanted ceramic tiles, we couldn't because then I wouldn't be able to clear the counter even without shoes on, so we had to get lino. Pretty dumb aye! [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Noel's got a kickin' crib, yo!

~Rus

"We are not brave because we are free. We are free because we are brave." ~ Rich Ward (Stuck Mojo / Sick Speed)

Comment

i am a residential designer and a t-5 para...feel free to email me if i can help out...tedEbear
          jffharper@netscape.net

Comment

Working...
          X