Cando.com is back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cando.com is back?

I looked at cando.com today...apparently they are trying to go back into business. My understanding is that they did our community an injustice. They didn't give us access to the articles which Dr. Young and others on this forum submitted. They didn't post a link pointing to carecure.rutgers to redirect traffic over here. They didn't even answer my emails when I inquired about the situation.

I don't know about the rest of us here, but I'm not going to support their business any longer.

Eric Texley
    Eric Texley

New owner

The name and previous forums and posts was purchased by a new owner. He is not associated with the previous owners, but has chosen to continue to use the same name, even the same names for the forums (ie, SpinalNurse, etc.).

It has been up for about 3 months now, but from what I have seen it has very little activity. They seem to be still in development, but nothing new has appeared in the last 2 months, and promised information and old articles, etc. have not materialized.

Comment

Copyright?

I remember the names of those forums from Spinewire....

I'm curious, do you have a copyright?

Eric Texley
      Eric Texley

Comment

what do you mean it was purchased,how do they make money?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Texley:

I remember the names of those forums from Spinewire....

I'm curious, do you have a copyright?

Eric Texley
          Spinwire was bought by CanDo, or merged with CanDo, so any copyrights or trademarks went with CanDo when it was sold, most likely. The current CanDo site looks like ass and has no content worth reading.

~Rus

"We are not brave because we are free. We are free because we are brave." ~ Rich Ward (Stuck Mojo / Sick Speed)

Comment

Cando

The old Cando site was totally owned by a corporation which owned all the posts, the name Cando, the name SpinalNurse, all the articles written by Dr. Young, etc. etc.

For some history on the collapse of the old Cando site, see here:

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/Cando/Cando_Update.htm

Since that time, even though Dr. Young offered $25,000 for the rights to the old Cando site forums and articles, this offer was turned down.

Recently the Cando.com name and site, including all the forum posts and articles were sold to someone (not sure who...you cannot get any information about who owes the site from the site although it is promised with a "teaser" page) who must have some plans for making some money off of it, but not sure how. Currently there is nothing for sale on the site, and no ads. Certainly will not make it unless they offer more to the SCI community than what is there now or many other non-moderated SCI discussion boards that already exist, most with no profit potential.

Comment

Articles

Gee Scorpion-
              Sure hope that none of the content article that I authored are the ones that read like a$$.

I will have to take a look. I wrote some decent stuff on AT. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

rights to information

Do those who posted articles, etc., have any rights if this were pursued from the perspective of intellectual property? CRF
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake:

Gee Scorpion-
                  Sure hope that none of the content article that I authored are the ones that read like a$$.

I will have to take a look. I wrote some decent stuff on AT. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
                  Well, I haven't been there since right after it reopened, and I couldn't find anything. And for the record, I said it looked like ass. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, I haven't been there recently, so no offense to anyone intended.

~Rus

"We are not brave because we are free. We are free because we are brave." ~ Rich Ward (Stuck Mojo / Sick Speed)

Comment

Scorpion

Sorry for the miss quote. No offense taken. My ski is way to thick for that. Just razzing you. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
                    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

LETS BOYCOT ...

THE PIGS! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
                      http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store

Comment

Working...
                      X