Expected recovery from a cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expected recovery from a cure

I know this question was asked before, but it did not specify what kind of injury voters had. There is a very big difference between being a quadriplegic and a paraplegic. I believe the expectations of a cure between the 2 vary greatly. When I paraplegic thinks of a cure, they think of walking. When a quadriplegic thinks of a cure, they think of a minimum of at least being able to breathe on their own all the way to just being able to have full upper body strength. Me being a quad, for a cure all I really want is my upper body strength and finger dexterity to be back to normal. I am doing this pull purely out of curiosity. I know a full recovery for everyone would be wonderful, but for me, I would trade anything I have just to be a paraplegic.
    Paraplegic expects full recovery
    0.00%
    Paraplegic expects 1 or 2 cervical levels of recovery
    0.00%
    Quadriplegic expects full recovery including walking
    100.00%
    Quadriplegic expects 2 or 3 cervical levels to allow breathing on their own or finger dexterity
    0.00%
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.
Working...
X