Life’s wonderfullness and what really gets you excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life’s wonderfullness and what really gets you excited

Hi all you beautiful people. So tell me, who has something positive going on right now? What gets you excited?!

-Jacob

Getting to travel again after COVID's worst. I just spent time planning a trip to Tuscany in May 2023!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

What a wonderful trip! Covid lightening up has to be big on many peoples lists. I for one am so very thankful!

Comment

working on the butterfly and bee garden

Comment

That’s wonderful! How kind to make a sanctuary for out insect friends. I see butterfly’s outside my window all the time, and love them. I recently saw a bee thingy online where they can drink. Have you made one of those too?

Comment

Playing lead for a ukulele group and guitar for a Bluegrass group. Handcycling

Comment

Thank you for helping me see things are alright out there. They have their importance, but every recent post seemed like a crises lately. Two bands sounds very rewarding. I love eukulele.

I’ve been in a nursing home for 8 months. I love chatting with my psychologist, scalloped potatoes and friendly CNAs . I know this won’t last forever

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                SCI-Nurse commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you working with anyone like your local CIL to get out of the nursing home and get a place of your own? (KLD)

Luckily I’ve been able to keep my place.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                SCI-Nurse commented
                Editing a comment
                Your local CIL can help you get back there. (KLD)

• kizh
                kizh commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, what’s a CIL? Usually the facility provides transportation. I hope this comment goes below, it’s not very intuitive! Thanks KLD

• SCI-Nurse
                SCI-Nurse commented
                Editing a comment
                CIL = Center for Independent Living. For San Diego this is yours: https://accesstoindependence.org/
                You should have been told about their services when going through rehab. They can provide resources, counseling and information to get you out of the nursing home and back to your own place. (KLD)

Daughter, son-in-law, and their amazingly gentle cat have been living with us as they transition between finishing grad school and starting their life together. Has been wonderful having them around for these several months!

Comment

• kizh
                kizh commented
                Editing a comment
                How nice! You must be proud

""Sorry, what’s a CIL? Usually, the facility provides transportation. I hope this comment goes below, it’s not very intuitive! Thanks, KLD"

Here is a link to a Center for Independent Living (CIL) in San Diego.

https://accesstoindependence.org/

Comment

• kizh
                kizh commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!
            Working...
            X