X-Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Games

I am not sure if anybody here follows the X-Games (Rollerblading, Skateboarding, etc all done on a half-pipe and through a mini park of jumps and rails), but I wish there was a wheelchair X-Game event. Imagine starting your run off going down the half-pipe and doing a 540 or a small olie. That would be awesome!

-Steven

-Steven
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Close

Watching high level competition in quad-rugby (formerly "murder ball") and the Blister Bowl (tackle foot ball in wheelchairs) is as close as I want to get to this! (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Steven, I have dreams from time to time that I'm doing wheelchair freestyle events (think BMX bike freestyle). I would love to be able to do it in reality, but alas, I'm a C-6 quad, and as close as I can get is a wheelie. But a competition with some paras good with their chairs would be cool! You might see an occasional para become a quad though. [img]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/img]

~Rus

Comment

Wheelchair competitions do exist though in World Cup downhill mountainbike racing as well as National comps. Check out John Davis, chariot racing. Going 50+ miles an hour offroad has got to do something for the ol' ticker.

Comment

Thanks gp, that looks interesting for those who can do it. I have a c3 injury and use a sip and puff chair so I was looking for something along those lines.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know where to get some more powerful motors -- somewhere along the lines of 20-30mph? I want to modify an old chair and see what I can do with it. :-)

[btw Scorpion, if you emailed me back my mail has been screwy... try sconfusion@earthlink.net]

-Steven
          ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Working...
          X