Recommendations in Tampa Bay Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations in Tampa Bay Area?

We recently purchased a place in the St. Petersburg area. I would be very grateful of any recommendations of resources / agencies / providers to check out. In particular, any recreation opportunities in the area, medical suppliers (e.g. rehab, outpatient clinic), reliable taxi services or anything else you might recommend. I'm C7 incomplete using a manual wheelchair. I can drive, although sometimes a taxi service is needed (e.g. arrive alone on flight). Coming from Northern California where I had the benefit of strong support services (e.g. Valley Med Hospital outpatient services, BORP) so having to build up the support system again. Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Hi HockeyFan there is a support group out of central Florida with, at least, one board member from the Tampa area that I know of. I suggest you visit their webisite for meeting details. The address is www.goscin.org. They have regular zoom meetings every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. This Tuesday is the next meeting. I believe contact info is there so you can gain admittance to the meeting. I won't be attending this one, but I should be at next one. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by GreaseLightning View Post
      Hi HockeyFan there is a support group out of central Florida with, at least, one board member from the Tampa area that I know of. I suggest you visit their webisite for meeting details. The address is www.goscin.org. They have regular zoom meetings every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. This Tuesday is the next meeting. I believe contact info is there so you can gain admittance to the meeting. I won't be attending this one, but I should be at next one. Hope this helps.
      This is great - thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X