US Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Visa

I am a US Citizen living overseas since 1995, and I am a dependent paraplegic. I own small businesses in the states and in the country where I live. I met this young woman a year or so ago and have plans to marry her sometime in 2022, she is a foreign citizen. My problem is that it has been impossible for me to get her a Visa to travel with me to the US. She is a lawyer working for a banking group, her entire family is overseas and represents zero risk to overstay her visa. We want to travel together for my medical appointments and take an occasional vacation. The local embassy gave her an appointment requested since February for October 14, however, yesterday they rescheduled for August 2023.

How is it possible that a US Citizen cannot travel with his fiancée to the states? It is so frustrating.

Can anyone give me an idea as to who I can turn to that will listen to my problem? Again, I need help when I travel.
    Last edited by paramoto; 31 Aug 2021, 5:45 PM. Reason: Typo
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Once you are married, you will find it easier to get a visa for your wife, but there is no provision to recognize an engagement as a legal marriage for the purposes of immigration.

Years ago, Jeff (who was the original webmaster for this site) went through years of struggle to get his Filipino fiance and later wife a permanent resident's visa...he ended up moving to the Philippines instead, and I believe lives there still.

Lots of history of scammers marrying American nationals or getting engaged to them in the past for the purpose of getting a resident's visa to the USA, and then abandoning their spouse once they get into the country. Even problems with foreign nationals already in the USA on student or tourist visas faking marriages with Americans in order to get a permanent resident's card. Ever see the movie "The Green Card"?

Is she unable to get a visitor's or tourist visa on her own merit for the purpose of this visit?

Do you have a legal residence in the USA? If so, you can try contacting your Congressperson's office to see if they can help you.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Two YEARS in the future? That’s absurd.

Comment

I am a US citizen but reside overseas. She cannot get an appointment at the embassy to see if she can get it on her own merits, and emergency visa’s are really hard to get these days.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
        Once you are married, you will find it easier to get a visa for your wife, but there is no provision to recognize an engagement as a legal marriage for the purposes of immigration.

Years ago, Jeff (who was the original webmaster for this site) went through years of struggle to get his Filipino fiance and later wife a permanent resident's visa...he ended up moving to the Philippines instead, and I believe lives there still.

Lots of history of scammers marrying American nationals or getting engaged to them in the past for the purpose of getting a resident's visa to the USA, and then abandoning their spouse once they get into the country. Even problems with foreign nationals already in the USA on student or tourist visas faking marriages with Americans in order to get a permanent resident's card. Ever see the movie "The Green Card"?

Is she unable to get a visitor's or tourist visa on her own merit for the purpose of this visit?

Do you have a legal residence in the USA? If so, you can try contacting your Congressperson's office to see if they can help you.

(KLD)

Comment

So sorry. I know a number of people who are here on student visas and have been waiting for years to get H1-B visas as well. As I said above, your best bet would be to go through your district's Congressional office to see if they can help.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yes your best bet is to have her get a student visa it’s the best scam out there. In fact the school in Jersey City New Jersey specializes in it called the Campus School. In the beginning you may have to go to class once a week, then once a month, then once every six months, and after a while you just send money and they fudge the papers for you.

Comment

Thanks Tim.
              Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
              Yes your best bet is to have her get a student visa it’s the best scam out there. In fact the school in Jersey City New Jersey specializes in it called the Campus School. In the beginning you may have to go to class once a week, then once a month, then once every six months, and after a while you just send money and they fudge the papers for you.

Comment

Working...
              X