Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think the fight is going out of the dog…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem is that I only have so much energy, both mental and physical, to dedicate to living. Dealing with this f**king condition takes a lot of energy that I would rather be spending on things that bring joy to life. So, yeah, I understand what you are going through, pete4, and there are no solutions. It's a daily decision on whether its worth it or not.

Comment

I think we ought to try a zoom session. What's the worst think could happen?
      I have a permit or whatever it is. I'm all set to do a meeting, just need us to agree on a time, and I'll post the link here.
      For starters, I have an ongoing commitment here on Friday evenings so they aren't good.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

• slow_runner
        slow_runner commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats open and generous of you Phil. I'm in , just give me a few days notice. New Jersey is 16 hours behind New Zealand.

Originally posted by hlh View Post
      Sorry this is a rough time for you Pete. It's understandable that everything takes a toll.... Hope you can let your doc know how you feel. Hang in there, and try to do something small for yourself regularly that you enjoy so you have things to look forward to. For my Dad, it's chocolate donuts(!).

My Dad can relate to your current issues (78 yo para), as he has struggled a lot with UTIs, skin issues, pain etc.. and as soon as one thing seems to get under control another pops up. He also was doing Gent Instillations and starting getting Gent resistant UTIs a couple of years ago. So he started doing Microcyn instillations instead, and things have been good. He did them with CIC initially, but now has been using a foley for one year and does one Microcyn instillation a day.

I wish my Dad could join you guys in a Zoom etc.. chat. He doesn't have anyone who can relate to what he goes through day to day. And it's so much...
      i mix the gent in hydrocleanse instead of saline.
      Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post

curious, is there an advantage to using the hydrocleanse?

On the irrigation topic of irrigation/ instillation if I become resistant to one my doctor has prescribed “neomycin polymyxin b sulfate” , ‘Neosporin GU’.
        Here’s an article on irrigation by Bob Vogel in New Mobility:
        https://newmobility.com/bladder-irrigant-solutions/
        Last edited by ChesBay; 9 Aug 2021, 2:22 PM.

Comment

What a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post

curious, is there an advantage to using the hydrocleanse?

On the irrigation topic of irrigation/ instillation if I become resistant to one my doctor has prescribed “neomycin polymyxin b sulfate” , ‘Neosporin GU’.
            Here’s an article on irrigation by Bob Vogel in New Mobility:
            https://newmobility.com/bladder-irrigant-solutions/
            The Hydro cleanse(microcyn) is just directly from the manufacturer and is used for bladder irrigation. I purchase it by the case I just think it's easier that way might be a little more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by hlh View Post

What a great idea.
              we've been doing it this way for several years we figured why not it just gives an added layer of protection

Comment

The Hydro cleanse(microcyn) is just directly from the manufacturer and is used for bladder irrigation. I purchase it by the case I just think it's easier that way might be a little more expensive.
                Thanks, I wasn't familiar with it. I'm looking into a purchase, I'll take all the extra protection I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with it. I'm looking into a purchase, I'll take all the extra protection I can get.
                  That's our thoughts exactly, why not add an extra layer of protection.

Comment

I happened onto Carecure tonight. I haven't been on in a while. I appreciate the spirit of this thread. It is caring. It's not called Carecure for nothing!
                    I hope you are having better days, Pete.
                    Rich

Comment

Working...
                    X