Jealousy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealousy

How do you get past the jealousy? I’m supposedly a happy warrior, tho I’m often faking it, but my gut just churns with jealousy whenever other people have fun or plan to have fun doing things I can’t do. I’m even jealous of the people I love whereas I know I want to only be happy for them.

are you jealous of bezos being richer than you, are you jealous of musk for having so much money he can blow up rockets for laughs. if i'm going to be jealous of someone i'm going big

Comment

I completely commiserate with sherri. I am envious of anyone even of the same level injury but able to feel or move any part of the body I cannot, or has less pain, complications etc than my own. Maybe if I wasn’t so damn happy with life at the time of my injury, or if I didn’t have a premonition of being paralyzed seconds after my accident I wouldn’t be so bitter. I don’t let it consume me, and I do try to lead a life, but it always remains in the hinterlands of my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
        I completely commiserate with sherri. I am envious of anyone even of the same level injury but able to feel or move any part of the body I cannot, or has less pain, complications etc than my own. Maybe if I wasn’t so damn happy with life at the time of my injury, or if I didn’t have a premonition of being paralyzed seconds after my accident I wouldn’t be so bitter. I don’t let it consume me, and I do try to lead a life, but it always remains in the hinterlands of my mind.
        Ditto.

I am envious almost daily of simple things like watching someone walk across a parking lot. zi see the relaxed motion of their legs and pelvis and think, "how on earth do they do that?? I am incomplete and creep behind a. walker, so I'm painfully aware of how much more skill and coordination is required for a normal walk. Sigh. 13 years post and it does not change.

Comment

Ain't no upside to envy...let it bleed away til it's gone for good. Good luck to you, you'll find your equilibrium.
          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I sometimes wish I could do stuff, but that thought never lingers very long and I don’t think I would say I’m jealous of anyone, I just miss what I lost.

Even those thoughts don’t last very long. I just gotta remind myself that I’m a BMF (like it says on Jules’ wallet) and I’ve achieved more than most AB folks and I’ve still got a few decades to squeeze the rest out of life.

Comment

It happens to everyone. Poor want to be rich. Old want to be young. At some point you'll get over it. Jealousy is want. Both needs and wants decrease with age. Ultimately you'll be happy with creature comforts. My solution has been to make my home so comfortable that I don't even want to go out. Get the best bed and couch you can afford. Make your kitchen as accessible as possible. Make your bathroom not just accessible but also easy to use. Like music? Install WiFi speakers in every room of your home (it's affordable today). These things add up to your content. Make your home attractive for you to the point where they should be jealous of you.

Comment

A couch i can’t get to, a bed I can’t feel, a kitchen accessible or not is useless to a high quad, bathroom is not used except to shower, chronic body pain that shuts you down a mere few hours after getting up. Para and hi quads might as well be on different planets. and I’d rather live on yours.

Comment

Working...
                X