Who here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old-timer

I had one of, if not the, first SpineWire posts way back when. I read about it in New Mobility and was surprised to find it was so sparse, but it grew quickly.

I understand why Cando.com came about, but like so many other internet ventures, I believe their business model was flawed from the get-go. It could have worked, could have been great..but then so could so many other sites that died.

~Rus

Comment

Ich bin auch wieder da!

I caught Spinewire about a month and a half before the Cando merger. This is a user friendly, spam and ad free site with good people and great information. Feels like a good inflated roho cushion!
      "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Yeps - I'm here!

Cybs, from Denmark

Comment

Also again there I am!

Thats what, what Mike C. said means [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

XOXOXOX

Cilly~~~~
          L1,2 Para since 9-12-99
          ~*~*~Priscilla~*~*~
          Mommy to William (2004) Lucas (2008) Nathan (2011)
          The Wheelchair Mommy Blog

Comment

Former Cando user

Hi,

So glad that Wise set up this website. It was
            very upsetting to me when I tried to bring up
            cando.com. Wise I met you at Rutgers, unfortunetly I never spoke with you and that was
            a big disappointment to me. I did get to speak
            with Patricia, she was wonderful. I am so grateful you are on our side. You truly care about us and we do in return. Thank you so much
            for being there for us, and for this wonderful
            site and your devotion.

God Bless!

Jal

Comment

Thanks, Jal

I have also been quite distressed over what happened at Cando. It is really the people who come to these forums who make it a vibrant community, not me. Wise.

Comment

discovereed spinewire just before merger. this site looks great.

Comment

New Here

Hey,
                  I just found this site . I never went to Spinewire or Cando.

So far it looks like a good place, wish I wasnt the only one here that doesngt know everybody else :-(

Comment

Is that how it came out of the universal translator? [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Where´s Scotty when you need him! [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

New, kinda

I'm just testing the water. I have posted at spinal nurse at spinewire before, a couple of times at the old general board too.

This new site seems like it has a great start !

craig

Comment

I guess got to spinewire just before the merger,i went by my nic name SMOKE.This new site is great no ad's and seems to be a lot faster,VEEERY GROOOVY......

.......\/PEACE
                        ~Shaun~

Comment

I met Wise first on scipin-l(e-mail list)-it still exist, then I was posting on Cure Paralysis Now (great site created by Greg Winget, thanx Greg!!!), then is was spinewire (inspired by Wise & Sam Maddox), then Sam sold spinewire to capitalist pigs from cando...
                          In between I was kicked out from quad list, since owner was also a pig...

Its been more thaan 5 years, seems like yesterday [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

But Wise is still Young despite smoking pipe [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
                          http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and very happy to join the rest of you.

Damir from Croatia

Comment

Welcome Damir

Welcome to the forum Damir. I hope you find information and good stimulating discussion. How are things in general in Croatia? Its 100 degreees here in Washington DC and very humid. Many people are on vacation and go to the seashore or the mountains to cool off. I work in the gov't regulating nuclear power plants. If I recall correctly Croatia does not have one. The nearest nuclear power plant is Krsko in Slovenia, right?

Many people believe in global warming caused by burning fossil fuels like coal and oil. I think we have to get more data to make a good assessment of how much affect burning coal etc has but I believe that they pollute the atmosphere.

Sorry to have gotten sidetracked. Welcome to the forum again.
                              [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Joe B
                              Joe B
                              C6-7

Comment

gladd to have found his site

i did my research reading in spinewire then cando now hear.glad to have found this site .i have a place to drink my morinin coffee again.thanks doc young.

scott r

[This message was edited by scott r on August 10, 2001 at 06:39 AM.]
                                scott r

Comment

Working...
                                X