X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User Introduction

Hello!
    I'm Nathan for Australia!

My son was involved in an accident that left him T-11 incomplete. As in I can tickle his feet he laughs thrashes around like mad but can't kick me in the head either! HA!
    As you can see I'm a horribly cruel daddy, his life is actually pretty good now days he's in grade 7 at school this year. He has a good number of friends all of which take great concern for him any time he is a little unwell.

I'm a mod on another much smaller SCI forum, I won't say which without an admin/mod approval here since I feel that would be plain disrespectful.

Any other parents of kids with SCI out there?

Hi Nathan! Glad you found us, but sorry you had to. I hope we can be a good source of info and inspiration for you and your son. Our community has shrunk significantly since the rise of "social media", and so many other ways for people to connect, but there is always room for more. As long as you have no financial interest in the forum you moderate (and the site itself is not a commercial venture), feel free to share. It's good to have options rather than not. Cheers and welcome!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Oddity Thanks for the welcome!
      I have no financial interest in the forum, it's too small to make any proffit from, no other businesses are linked to it.
      http://inspiredsciforum.com/

We've just past 6 years post injury so it's been a while now, It would just be great to find some other parents online, we know 4 other kids offline in different parts of our state all similarish age.

Comment

Cool. I have an account there, too.

There have been many parents of SCI kids here over the years. 1 that comes immediately to mind is Gordy1, most recently active, also an Aussie. Check out some of his posts. They have had a journey adapting equipment and such, and keeping up with a fast growing boy!

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Hi Nathan and welcome!
          My daughter was injured when she was 12. (C5) She is now 24. I thought she would have joined this forum by now but she has made her own connections and that's cool.

Comment

Hi Nathan! Good to see you. It's hard to believe it's been 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
              Hi Nathan! Good to see you. It's hard to believe it's been 6 years.
              Hi Tetra!
              nice to see you on here too!

Comment

Working...
              X