New User Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User Introduction

Hello. I look forward to learning from the members of CareCure.net. I’m a para, T8 incomplete. My first SCI was decades ago due to a cancerous tumor on my spinal cord. Most recently I have had two additional SCIs during the past six years. I was born under a bad sign or maybe more realistically a bad spinal cord.

welcome to the sandbox!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

• Nolagurl1956
      Nolagurl1956 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have always enjoyed playing in the sand. So do my two hens!

Welcome! This is one of the best places around, a hidden treasure from people in this situation. Just got updated too
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

• Nolagurl1956
      Nolagurl1956 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, nice to be here.

Hello
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

• Nolagurl1956
      Nolagurl1956 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, glad I found you all. Do I have to include a second screen name in my user profile?

Welcome

Comment

Welcome. Including your age (birthday) and location in your profile will help us to better respond to your questions, as well as to put your comments into context.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Welcome to the club. )

Comment

Welcome to the community, nolagurl1956.
        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

• Nolagurl1956
          Nolagurl1956 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Bonnette.

Thanks, looking to learning some new stuff.

Comment

Are you from New Orleans? I’m from Baton Rouge.)

Comment

Welcome to CC! It's a great place to get suggestions, support, etc. I've benefitted a lot from information about disability related equipment. I am paralyzed from Polio decades ago and currently navigating old age issues to try to stay independent. I push a manual wheelchair indoors; when I go out I use my ZX1 scooter which attaches to my wheelchair as I'm unable to push outdoors anymore due to shoulder weakness.
            Do you work or are you retired? Your profile indicates you stay active.

Comment

Working...
            X