Good caregivers are hard to find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good caregivers are hard to find...

A few months ago I had 3 caregivers to cover my two shifts. I get 2 five hour shifts every day. Then my youngest caregiver started dating a guy who didn't like her working here, so she quit after being here nearly 2 years. My weekend worker took over her shift and things were okay until she gets exposed to Covid which screws things up for more than a week. Then she comes back for a week, gets in a minor fender bender and sees a payoff. So that left me with my 74 year young male worker until the agency can get a replacement. Last Monday they send in a woman who supposedly has a CNA and had gone to nursing school for a while. She seems to be fine but on Friday, she's behaving odd, which she blames on her blood pressure medication. Anyhow she leaves and crashes her car less than two blocks from my house. The next day I discover she had stolen 7 Valium (which explained her behavior). I called the police and I find out that she had been arrested the previous night because of a felony warrant. The agency had sent me a wanted felon. She was supposedly fingerprinted but they didn't catch this? I Googled her name and found multiple drug arrests. One was only 2 years ago involving $45,000 worth of heroin. I'm considering getting a lawyer.
    Anyway, I'm back to my sole caregiver trying to do the work of three. I wish I could clone him and let him do every shift...
    Rant over...

Good caregivers are ineed very hard to find. What state are you located in? I have found a few tricks for my area
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

Scott,
      I'm sorry to hear you are caught in a bind again.

Comment

Working...
      X