Where Do you Buy Clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do you Buy Clothing?

My pants, short, long, denim, twill, etc. are made to my measurements with a tall back and lower front. These are called “Sitter Pants” as when in the chair, no butt crack showing. Especially made for chair users, no pockets fore or aft. However, I have patch pockets on the upper thighs for phone, keys, wallet. Prior to their leaving the U.S. I shopped at the Rollin Modem site.Still have two pairs of pants, nearly 20 years old. I poked around the Internet for similar clothiers. I decided on Adaptations by Adrian in Calf. I have been satisfied with selection, style and comfort. However, my most recent jeans came with a front fly that had one less Velcro fastener that creates a large gap at the base of the fly opening. I’m considering changing clothiers to eliminate this gaping portal to my crotch. At my age there is little to see, it’s a vanity thing. To me, being seated draws some looks, thus mindful of my clothes and grooming. Where do you shop for clothes? Do you buy off the rack pants/slacks or have them specially made for you needs?
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I've bought my husband's pants from Adaptations by Adrian for years.
    If you haven't already tried, call them and ask for Pam ( Adrian's Mom ), she's very responsive to customer concerns.

Comment

I can't offer a better source but someone with a sewing machine and a tiny bit of skill could add that Velcro for you. Certainly any shop doing alterations could.

Comment

I've gotten some good pants from these folks, got 4-5 of them now. Ain't cheap, but lesser volume usually means higher prices, and everything for "us" is high.

https://izadaptive.com
        "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

I've used this firm for years but the last order was so slow that I had to file a claim with Paypal. They did finally deliver the pants but they've been having some major problems getting raw material. Give them six months and maybe try them then.

https://wheelchairapparel.com

Comment

For jeans I use https://www.madetoorderjeans.com/. You can customize almost any dimension of the jeans and you can measure an existing, good fitting pair and then make any modifications you care to from there. They don't have very many options to modify the pockets, other than removing the back pockets, but they have a wide selection of denim material and they're pretty decent quality.

It took me about 3 pairs to get my measurements really dialed in, but they're only like $80 or so and you get made to measure pants just for you and they save your measurements so you can reorder whenever you want. Shipping can sometimes take a while (I think they're made in India?), it was often 4-6 weeks prepandemic, so who knows what's going on in their supply chain at the moment, but worth the wait to me since I don't wait until I'm completely out of pants before ordering more.

Comment

Thanks for great information. I will contact Adrian’s mom. I have not spoke with her several years. Nice person.

Happy Motoring,
              Su Bahroo
              You C.A.N.
              Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Thanks for great information. I will contact Adrian’s mom. I have not spoke with her several years. Nice person.

Happy Motoring,
                Sue Bahroo
                You C.A.N.
                Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Working...
                X