47 years post injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 years post injury

47 years post injury on the 20th or 21st. Was working as a stunt double for William Shatner and acting on the set. Was a simple motorcycle fall off a large sand dune. Was supposed to ride the bike off the dune, kick the bike away in midair and roll down the sand dune. I hit some hard sand leaving the hill which sent me flying further down the hill.While I was flying thru the air.I remember hearing a female voice telling me it was going to be okay. It was so clear, I lost focus and landed, breaking my back.

I had picked up a woman the night before who was in the crowd at the bottom of the hill. She wanted to come up and offer me comfort, I guess. She grabbed my hand and held it close to her chest while looking at Shatner straight in the eyes saying "i've been wanting to meet you like.... forever. lol. Needless to say Bill, sent her down the hill fairly quickly after that.

The. voice was right; everything has turned out alright.

An interesting, life-altering story, so thank you.
    Me? Kinda mundane, at age 7 I was playing with a neighbor's puppies and had a very sore neck...he was having us kids pose for a photo and I could barely look up.....I went home, within a day never walked again due to Polio. So glad my 4 siblings didn't get it. It's all been ok, paralyzed for 71 years now.

Comment

u all are great to know you have a wealth of info to share

Comment

Glad all of you are still here and making the journey.

Comment

You da man Patrick!

Comment

Yesterday was my 2 year. I wish I had such a good story.... Heck, I wish I had ANY story I could remember, haha! Anyway, happy anniversary Patrick.
            C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Wow, Patrick, that was quite a beginning to your 47-year journey! Glad you're here.
              MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Cheers Patrick! One of my all time favorite injury stories....if that can be a thing. Wishing you all the best.

Comment

Thank you all. This site has been very beneficial and have gained many friends as a result of being here.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                    Thank you all. This site has been very beneficial and have gained many friends as a result of being here.
                    Patrick, you have given us so much guidance and wisdom, thank you.

Comment

You are just a stud Patrick keep on doing what you're doing your a role model for all of us youngsters you are definitely winning the war.........
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com
                      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Cool story Patrick. Happy anniversary! celebrated #48 on June 9th.
                        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm glad your life turned out alright. I too was in a motorcycle accident and projected over 50ft and landed on guard rails. I still do not remember the accident to this day. I wish sci didn't come with so many OTHER complication's it's been compounding upon itself

Speaking of Shatner....I'm watching original Star Trek for the first time - so good !
                          Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

Comment

Keep counting them DeadEye. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
                              Keep counting them DeadEye. Congratulations.
                              I shall sir. You're the leader. How many for you now, and how are you doing? No bee fights recently?
                              "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X