Half-full pandemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-full pandemic?

Has anyone felt BETTER because of the pandemic? I know I have. Life slowed down to my pace.

No, I could of been recovered from my bladder augmentation surgery that I REALLY need right now.
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear. Certainly the lack of medical help is one of the many downsides

Comment

I've gotten to do a whole bunch of projects that I have been putting off. After overdosing on FB and the internet, there was nothing sensible to do but to do them, and it has been satisfying!
        I finished up two valuable linear tracking turntables to sell that have been living rent free in my head for about five years!
        I got 4 smart plugs and automated water changes and lights on both my tanks.
        I bought a 4 channel dosing pump for nutrients and got everything set up including fabricating a spiffy discharge manifold, but lost interest when programming it became one of those complicated ordeals complicated by poorly translated Chinese instructions!
        I've also broken ground on a small nature pond (about 10x16x3'deep) that I always wanted.
        And I'm obsessing on doing a wheelchair drive from the Segway scooter I got new for $350!! that needs to go 1.8mph before power is enabled
        which makes it useless for the chair unless I can hack the speed function.
        I'm still failing to discipline myself enough vis a vis "practice you jazz trumpet homework Phil!!", but I'm getting better.
        Somewhere I read "we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection".
        Which reminds me of the Peanuts cartoon where Pigpen is moving down the sidewalk in a cloud of dust.
        Lucy confronts him: "Haven't you heard cleanliness is next to godliness?"
        "No" Pigpen replies. "For me, cleanliness is next to impossible!"

And I haven't had one fight with my wife despite being housebound for 2 1/2 months!

I'd say I'm doing pretty good.
        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
        NW NJ

Comment

I hear ya! Working through “TheList” definitely feels triumphantly handicapable. Every transfer (well, most at least) and all of my life of the last 2 1/2 months has felt like so much more of a sure thing cuz it was in MY house that is set up for ME. Somehow my husband and I have picked a great time to get along too! But the biggest thing that I’ve noticed is that far from feeling stir crazy like everyone else, I’m now living at a pace that suits my capabilities. I don’t have to struggle to be something I’m not for fear of missing out. Nice to hear!

Comment

Working...
          X