SCI Support on ZOOM calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI Support on ZOOM calls

I do lots of Zoom calls lately (with COVID-19 everywhere), and I am thinking it would be a great way to do an SCI support group, global like CareCure but live, together, audio and visual. I’ve been here for years, and wanted to meet many of you in person! I’ve also led local SCI support groups here in Denver Colorado, USA. It seems like Zoom would be a powerful way for more of us to connect with each other more deeply.

Does anyone else here want to help me organize such a group? There are lots of things to consider, like whether it should be open to all vs only for CareCure members, open to caregivers,/friends/family too, narrow it down to specific topics or constituencies, etc. I think we could start with a call open to everyone, and get input from everyone, being careful to give each of us an equal voice. If there is strong support for groups with specific interests, we could divide into separate Zoom calls with shared affinity: like women/men, quads/paras, etc.

Feel free to take this poll:
    I want to help organize and facilitate Zoom SCI group(s).
    33.33%
    I am interested in being on SCI Zoom calls. Let's do it.
    50.00%
    I would be interested if someone showed me how to use Zoom.
    0%
    I might be interested if the group(s) met certain criteria. (Please post a comment)
    16.67%
    I am not interested in Zoom (or equivalent) SCI support.
    0%

The poll is expired.

"Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Working...
X