Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are yall up to during the quarantine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    I started a youtube channel haha anyone else getting creative with their time?

Check out my channel if you are bored haha https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdK..._as=subscriber
    Hey enjoyed your video on 5 best and 5 worst things I will check it out again RockOn!

Comment

I'm still going into work most days but switched to going in the evening because the majority of employees are at work during the day. Watching the show Schitt's Creek on Netflix, it is freakin hilarious if anyone is interested in a comedy. Needed something to make me laugh during this time myself. Also reading The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah which I had to put down when life got too busy so glad to get back to it. Getting to spend more time with my nephews since I am home during the morning/afternoon, my mom watches them while my sister works. Also getting to enjoy the sun outside more since I am usually inside during the day at work. Have been able to save some money due to not having anywhere to go so I am going to buy my nephews a play set for the backyard Original poster was right about COVID-19 bringing some members back, haven't been on here in a few years and it is good to read everyone's posts! Never have been much of a poster, but I enjoy reading and seeing how everyone is doing! Stay safe!
      Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-17-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PN View Post
        The surgeon used a laser to blast away the bladder stones. He said there was too much bleeding during the procedure. He was able to remove eight stones. There are two stones left. I'm scheduled for another surgery at the end of April.

Addendum:
        A transurethral cystolitholapaxy is the most common procedure used to treat adults with bladder stones. The surgeon inserts a small, rigid tube with a camera at the end (a cystoscope) into your urethra and up into your bladder.
        Sorry I was a little late with my replay. Not use to the new site yet. Ironic...not in as funny. You work with us and then retire then get stones and fall apart. Can't seem to win sometimes. Good Luck in end of April and hope you have no more problems. Art
        Art

Comment

Nothing new here. Nobody has known me for years anyway other than a few friends on the phone. People just can't stay home. Let them stay in bed for 90 days or more for a pressure sore? They will come out with a different attitude!!! What gets me they have all sorts of reasons to be out in public all the time. But if they get covid19 they will be the first ones at the er begging for help. They don't realize the toll it takes on the medical system. DOCTORS AND NURSES will get burned out then we are really in trouble. Once I had to work 90 days 10 hours a day. After six weeks as a tool and die worker you get sooo tired you make a lot more mistakes. At least I did. Art
          Art

Comment

After not recording music since the reel to reel and very early digital days, I bought a DAW and interface and began recording a song a week until I can get back to work. It takes me a couple of hours to do the actual recording, and the better part of a day to process and mix the song and edit the video. So far I have recorded Us and Them, Mother, Young Lust and Another Brick in The Wall part 2 from Pink Floyd, guitars for Red Barchetta from Rush, and guitars for Bohemian Rhapsody. This coming week I plan to record Hotel California with a couple of members of my band. I never stopped playing live in my wheelchair as a hobby but in a very competent band, but recording was like starting from zero and doing it all by myself with a bass/drum type backing track is fun. The technology today is just amazing, better than million dollar studios of 40 years ago for 200 bucks. I am having fun with it even if I get only 100/200 views.
            T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

• Oddity
              Oddity commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! My 2 favorite bands right there. I recently went through Dark Side of the Moon and learned most of the guitar solos on my Black Strat build. I've built copies of Gilmour's Black and Red Strats in recent years. Down to the wire copies! Every part sourced period correct and even had Seymour Duncan custom wind my Black Strat bridge pickup time match the one they made him back in the day. It's a 12.5k output single coil! Crazy stuff.

• paramoto
              paramoto commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. Nice guitars!! I just love Pink Floyd, most soothing, rocking, cool music ever recorded.

• paramoto
              paramoto commented
              Editing a comment
              endo-aftermath, I use PreSonus Studio One for audio recording, started about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and record the video with my IPhone and IPad, nothing pro at all, edit on Movavi. We have not recorded anything live since the virus thing started, but we have many live videos on YouTube throughout 15 years. gtrnic is the channel. Three of us are doing a collaboration of Hotel California this week, first time, we will see how it goes.

Originally posted by paramoto View Post
            After not recording music since the reel to reel and very early digital days, I bought a DAW and interface and began recording a song a week until I can get back to work. It takes me a couple of hours to do the actual recording, and the better part of a day to process and mix the song and edit the video. So far I have recorded Us and Them, Mother, Young Lust and Another Brick in The Wall part 2 from Pink Floyd, guitars for Red Barchetta from Rush, and guitars for Bohemian Rhapsody. This coming week I plan to record Hotel California with a couple of members of my band. I never stopped playing live in my wheelchair as a hobby but in a very competent band, but recording was like starting from zero and doing it all by myself with a bass/drum type backing track is fun. The technology today is just amazing, better than million dollar studios of 40 years ago for 200 bucks. I am having fun with it even if I get only 100/200 views.
            Are you posting on YouTube or something? You should link to your settings so we can check them out!

Comment

• paramoto
              paramoto commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, my channel in YouTube is gtrnic. Dozens of videos there. gtrnic. Let me know what you think.

Originally posted by funklab View Post

Are you posting on YouTube or something? You should link to your settings so we can check them out!
            . I haven’t been on here for a while, first time on this platform and I am not sure when/if posts go through. My channel is gtrnic, just search in YouTube. Thanks.

T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

I started this gizmo last year. Tossed out my first 2 rough fabs (PVC pipe & cardboard). Nov. 2019 I started accumulating parts for my 3rd design. Thanks (unfortunately) to the shut down, I've had access to a friends machining tools to cut some special pieces. It's progressed further than these pics and looks much better now (6 x 2 wheels, modified motor brake, and tidier). 2 stitch welds and some reassembly, it'll be ready for a test around the block. The weak link is the motor brake which will hold wheels down. I may supplement it with a mechanical lock if needed. Soooo much measuring from so many aspects and a lot of head scratching has been tiring but I will succeed.
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
              Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Very Great!
                Is this off an existing motor-scooter chassis? What are the aux wheel gearboxes from? I don't see a drive mechanism to them? (to raise and lower)
                Last edited by pfcs49; 06-15-2020, 01:25 PM.
                69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                NW NJ

Comment

. I haven’t been on here for a while, first time on this platform and I am not sure when/if posts go through. My channel is gtrnic, just search in YouTube. Thanks.
                  A link for everyone else

https://www.youtube.com/user/gtrnic

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                    Very Great!
                    Is this off an existing motor-scooter chassis? What are the aux wheel gearboxes from? I don't see a drive mechanism to them? (to raise and lower)
                    It's a Chinese scooter w/GY6 150 engine. Stretched from factory but with a lot of my mods too. Landing gear drive is via a power chair/scooter motor w/differential (don't know brand). Instead of welding diff., I have a bar (3/8 bar steel threaded on ends, w/T6 aluminum over sleave 3/8 id x 1/2 od, connecting L/Rt pulleys to allow a little flex between L/Rt. This bar also is stops up movement when it hits frame (rubber hose bump stops on bar/tube), eliminating need for up limit switch. Motor not powerful enough to lift rear wheel off ground but it puts little wheels on ground fast, eliminating a down limit switch. 3 position sprung toggle switch returns to off. Brackets w/shocks are Permobil tippers. Very few reference spots to measure from has made this a tough job. End results, I'm 1/4" off in one insignificant spot. Alignment is very close but may need very small tweaking (after test ride). Currently zero camber with slight toe in. Everything can be disassembled and removed. Finished pics coming in a few weeks will look better and I'll show more detail.
                    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Working...
                    X