Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are yall up to during the quarantine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are yall up to during the quarantine?

I'm assuming many/most of you are living in areas that have basically shut down to one degree or another. No school, no work, no restaurants, no libraries, no coffee shops, no yoga studios etc, etc, etc.

What are yall doing to keep busy?

My job is still open so I go to work, but other than that there's not much to do. I was trying to save money anyway by cooking at home, and with the stock market diving and restaurants and bars closed it's been a good excuse to mess around in the kitchen and stay in more (not that I needed more of that). A friend gave me his netflix password, but I have very little patience for TV any longer, I think phones ruined have ruined my attention span. I used to play a lot of video games, but now I only have a laptop and I don't have an Xbox or even a TV (watching netflix on the laptop).

For my own amusement I have made it my solemn duty to drink one Corona beer for every day of this "crisis" or whatever you want to call it. My way of "fighting back" I suppose... or I guess I could justify it by saying the lime might boost my immunity.

Maybe everyone being stuck inside and the new website will increase the number of new/return users to Care Cure.

Working on jazz/improvising on the trumpet and reconditioning a pair of Yamaha PX-2 linear tracking turntables for sale. Hoping for as much as $1K ea but will anybody be buying such luxuries now that the economy is busted
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Working from home since Wednesday, 18 March. Same thing as I always do, just more relaxed.
      T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Comment

Living with 75year old mother and stepfather praying we all get through this. Hoping my nurses make it in each day. Watching my savings drop in my money marketing account.
        Last edited by Norm; 03-20-2020, 06:37 AM.
        "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

not much different I work at home for 30 years no change ride bike visit with neighbors lots of people who owns 2nd home here are here

Comment

Playing a lot of guitar and uke to stay current with the three groups I play with. Ride one of my handcycles when not raining and out in the workshop trying to get motivated to make saw dust or work out.

Comment

Turns out that "social isolation" is pretty much my status quo. Nothing has changed. I dunno if that's sad or awesome. I feel fine either way. We've been homeschooling for 16 years so it's pretty much day to day around here.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

You know you're an isolation camel when a Pandemic hits and you don't even change your lifestyle.

Comment

Well, nothing much has changed for me, but the kids aren't going to friend's houses or participating in their usual extra-curriculars, etc, and we've started using Amazon Fresh and Blue Apron meal kits for everything. But I'm my usual homebody. I guess I have been skipping my Monday morning shooting range trips. That's about it.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Doesn't Amazon fresh have a large markup? I use Instacart. They too have a markup on some things. But many things are priced the same as or close to instore prices.

I looked at Blue Apron and similar services. Decided cooking from scratch offers better choices and is way more cost effective. But you can't beat the convenience of a meal kit for home cooking.

Comment

Wife and I just began a jigsaw puzzle. Keeps us from watching Covid19 updates and stock market gyrations. Continue wood carving and pyrography. Just us two hunkering in our bunker.

Harry Beard
                      You C.A.N.
                      Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Originally posted by wazabiker View Post
                        Wife and I just began a jigsaw puzzle. Keeps us from watching Covid19 updates and stock market gyrations. Continue wood carving and pyrography. Just us two hunkering in our bunker.

Harry Beard
                        Pyrography was a new word for me, had to look it up. Pretty cool. My neighbor used to do that, I just never knew what it was called.

Comment

I started a youtube channel haha anyone else getting creative with their time?

Check out my channel if you are bored haha https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdK..._as=subscriber

Comment

@AugustWest:

I've used Instacart for about 6 years now, since they hit my area. Every year there have been changes in cost... always increased. In the beginning their prices were always "same as in store" but that changed about 3-4 years ago. Then they implemented the service charge and at first you could opt out. But after a year they made it mandatory. So delivery charge, service charge and tip as well as increased pricing from most merchants. Then a few months ago they stopped accepting many forms of payment (ie.: Visa gift cards, EBT, etc). I sent them a lengthy 'feedback' letter asking them to reconsider these forms of payments due to the fact that not all their customers were busy moms and that a great deal were elderly and disabled persons who relied exclusively on delivery and using these payment methods. I never once asked them to lower their fees or prices on goods. They basically replied with a 'tough shit' response. So I sent them a farewell letter, explaining why and I moved on to Amazon Fresh. The prices on Fresh are totally fine and no delivery fee if you are a Prime member. I do tip them though. The only downside is that the selection is rather limited over traditional grocers. I make the best of it and used it as incentive to eat better (more fresh foods for example, less impulse snacks and the like). I'm a few months in with Fresh and Whole Foods through Amazon and enjoy them both. Right now, however, delivery is nearly impossible due to the Corona pandemic, understandably. I buy all of my meat and seafood through ButcherBox and I've been very impressed there!

Comment

Keeping busy.... I am retired now and work my own little venture from home designing imagery for greeting cards and such. Basically making a living from a life-time hobby. I'm fine being isolated cuz frankly, "It's too peopley out there!"

Comment

Working...
                              X