Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quads and alcohol question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quads and alcohol question

    Do other quads still enjoy the alcohol as before the injury? For me drinking alcohol isn?t the same anymore. I can?t get drunk, no matter how much I drink. I feel somehow different but mainly more tired and an hour or two later even sleepier. No more of that dopamine boost/euphoria I was feeling before the injury. Tried everything and yes in some cases it wasn?t too bad, but nothing close to the real thing. Same as with sex, no real pleasure ffs, lol
    This really sucks, I really miss that nice happy buzz I use to get before. I suppose I need to sniff some coke, lol. Anyone else experiencing the same? Any tips?

  • #2
    It sounds like a road to recovery, enjoy it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Recovery? Nah I didn’t have that issue

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Silvio GS View Post
        Do other quads still enjoy the alcohol as before the injury? For me drinking alcohol isn?t the same anymore. I can?t get drunk, no matter how much I drink. I feel somehow different but mainly more tired and an hour or two later even sleepier. No more of that dopamine boost/euphoria I was feeling before the injury. Tried everything and yes in some cases it wasn?t too bad, but nothing close to the real thing. Same as with sex, no real pleasure ffs, lol
        This really sucks, I really miss that nice happy buzz I use to get before. I suppose I need to sniff some coke, lol. Anyone else experiencing the same? Any tips?
        I do! One very strong Margarita from our favorite Mexican restaurant and I am feeling no pain!

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a couple of glasses of red wine each night. I can most definitely tell!!
          I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Now alcohol ramps up my spasticity, so not desirable.

            Comment


            • #7
              My injury completely changed my experiences with alcohol and sex too, Silvio. My sex drive has been MIA since my injury. As for drinking, the physical and mental buzz was my favorite part of drinking, aside from the taste. The taste is still there but the physical sensation has been considerably dulled or missing below my site of injury, so it's just a clouding of my mind which isn't as fun. Without the physical aspect, it functions like a classic downer. I either mellow out or wind up feeling antsy.

              Maybe try weed? I haven't had the chance post-injury unfortunately.

              Morphine at the hospital, when I can get it, is the best. Wickedest dreams.

              Comment


              • #8
                dumb question why would you want to screw with your mind I drink an occasional rum I like it but I don/t like the feeling I get if to much and its hell trying to transfer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vjls View Post
                  dumb question why would you want to screw with your mind I drink an occasional rum I like it but I don/t like the feeling I get if to much and its hell trying to transfer
                  Why not? To each their own!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I really like scotch but haven't had any in over 6 months. Would drink 1 or two before bedtime. It seemed to make me weak and less motivated the next morning. I'll be getting a bottle soon to test if it still effects me this way.

                    Beer, none to 10 per week. It effects my bladder. Gotta pee but can't sometimes. What has helped with this is an occasional prophylactic drink of Alka Seltzer (w/o aspirin because I take blood thinner).
                    Also pure, no sugar, nothing but Cranberry juice helps my bladder irritation. It's tart tasting but I can tell it helps. I can tell if I'm able to have a beer or two by the way my bladder feels.

                    If I drink too much of anything, I'm a danger to myself transferring to bed or toilet.
                    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Iolas View Post
                      My injury completely changed my experiences with alcohol and sex too, Silvio. My sex drive has been MIA since my injury. As for drinking, the physical and mental buzz was my favorite part of drinking, aside from the taste. The taste is still there but the physical sensation has been considerably dulled or missing below my site of injury, so it's just a clouding of my mind which isn't as fun. Without the physical aspect, it functions like a classic downer. I either mellow out or wind up feeling antsy.

                      Maybe try weed? I haven't had the chance post-injury unfortunately.

                      Morphine at the hospital, when I can get it, is the best. Wickedest dreams.
                      My sex drive it’s too high I think and this can be frustrating as we can’t always have what we long for, me being quite picky. I think is due to my testosterone levels, as I keep them high through healthy diet and habits.
                      Weed, yes I started vaping it, occasionally whenever I have my brother or some friends over, because I need someone to prepare it for me. And yes it’s really enjoyable)
                      I never smoke it, just using a vaporiser I got on Amazon, so I just get the clean THC keeping my lungs clean too.
                      It feels good, relaxing, no more worries, a bit stupid now but that’s not a problem. Lying in bed watching a comedy, snaking some good stuff, and then sleeping like a baby. Love it!
                      I should’ve tried it earlier

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X